Nismo V2/V3 or Amuse

Snjur

Sorry if this has been covered already i have tried using search on Tapatalk but not much of success

As car has been put in garage today for winter sleep I'm about to do my homework until spring.

I'm after a front bumper unfortunately i can only source FRP materials.

What im after for is the bumper that has biggest airflow for my intercooler and radiator.

I've been looking online but can't find much info.

Looking at pictures it seams that V2 has biggest opening at front.

Amuse one looks widest and V3 smallest.

If anyone has had experience with any of those above i would really appreciate any comments or feedback

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Any ideas experiences with above bumper and airflows

Does anybody knows on any bumper/s that have been modified for better cooling.

Any examples of N1 nismo air ducts on 350z bumpers.

I manage to find a bumper from C west optimized for better cooling but is ugly like hell.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway not the most beautiful bumper out there but... It's from ABS plastic which is flexible and durable.

Plan is to produce an aluminum scoop in front to direct the air straight onto Intercooler and radiator to avoid dispersion along side of engine bay

c9744e0d7eb8986691eb4947f7f6c1ee.jpg

Edited by Snjur

One more bumper that has entered into consideration. Made by abs plastic

I like. What is it?

Amuse 370z style by the looks of it, Tarmacsportz bought one in as a test and it fitted so bad that he decided not to bother with any more.

I would hazard to say, if your having cooling issues there is something else a miss, perhaps in line with your mishimoto rad thread issues. If your disregarding your oem bumper, get busy with a hole saw and see if it makes any difference.

You will probably find its the big old intercooler blocking the airflow to the rad, more than the aperture.

You could also try a davies craig electric water pump to speed up flow.

I was thinking as well it is Amuse Vestito style but talking with guy he told me that they took Corvette for inspiration and produced this style.

As far as cooling no more issues. At least not in every day use and Street Race events.

Only issue was on track day, where after 4 laps I would get water temp around 108 °C where I need to cool down a car for 1 lap and go again.

I have Oem bumper up with Ings lip but... I need function over fashion.

Greddy twin turbo is coming with a huge front mount Intercooler which ic blocking air to radiator. Plus air is same like water it is taking the easiest route and way out.

I really want to avoid any cutting. The last option is to add 2 air ducts like on R32/33 GTR.

So plan was to find a bumper basically which has larger intake hole at front, which is made from ABS plastic not from fiber as I always tend to stuck somewhere on speed bumps or going to underground garages so I need something flexible.

After I find bumper I would fabricate "air guides/routes" to force air straight on intercooler to prevent dispersing it away

From personal experience ducting/guiding wont make much difference, you are only channelling the air, it will still end up going through the same size hole so flow is no different, if you do this you also take the risk of increasing heat around the engine as there is no cool air getting through.

A couple of vents in the bumper face will get more cooling air onto the rad as you suggested.

Speak to zmanalex, he has a big hp track zed, he will guide you from his experience as to the best solution.

Sure thanks. I'm still in progress of getting on infos bits and pieces.

Plan is also to go with vented hood to move excess heat from engine bay.

How I was looking/thinking is that a lot of air is wasted which is coming from front bumper. Either escaping to bottom or dispersing on sides. Like this I would force it over radiator and than onto engine

Also we are planning to cover cars bottom with aluminum sheat. All the way from front to end and making a proper difuser on rear end.

A lot of templates and all. We have a long winter ahead of us to realise all this

I understand the method but any air hitting the intercooler/rad will go through mostly, forcing it on there wont push more through as its limited by its flow rate anyway through its make up (i,e veins).

Imagine pouring water through a sieve, pouring more water on/in it wont get it through any faster.

The problem is the intercooler now blocking the flow of cool air, you could perhaps use a smaller or thinner cooler and add water/meth to cool the intake.

What are your air intake temps around the track?

Edited by Jetpilot

Intercooler is magnificent. It is still quite priced as second hand. Intake temperatures are quite low. I think around 35/40 degrees. I need to check logs for exact figures. Will post once I check.

Edited by Snjur

It was summer time 😂

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to drive car at colder temperatures. This was from this summer.

Also I was planning to check Skunk radiator. I found some that is suitable with OEM fans but larger than stock

I'm running 470 rwhp with a GTM supercharger which before the little accident I had last year the standard bumper seemed ok. Fitted the the V3 as part of my rebuild and the car pulls so much harder due to the open design in front of the intercooler. Any of the bumpers you have shown would work in my opinion but save yourself a bucket load of cash/heartache and buy something that fits properly. My genuine V3 might have been expensive but it bolted straight on.

I'm running 470 rwhp with a GTM supercharger which before the little accident I had last year the standard bumper seemed ok. Fitted the the V3 as part of my rebuild and the car pulls so much harder due to the open design in front of the intercooler. Any of the bumpers you have shown would work in my opinion but save yourself a bucket load of cash/heartache and buy something that fits properly. My genuine V3 might have been expensive but it bolted straight on.

Straight on point. To source V2 or V3 it cost s*** load of money.

Simply which I can't afford now, plus I really enjoy driving car. In DD use that means parking on public parking lots, track days a lot of stone chips and so. Priority for now is suspension upgrade from B14 to Tein Monoflex, than brakes and once all mechanical is done I can go with aerodynamic. For now I just need to go budget route to sort this air/cooling matter.

I can cope and live with little bit of fitment issues. For me is more of performance, that all od the components are running smoothly rather than looks or stance queen car.

Edited by Snjur

Not as good as stock, simple as that. It's a fine replacement, will do the job, but stock fans flow more and stock radiator radiates heat more efficiently.

That's not to say that someone replacing a 50000 mile radiator won't see an increase in cooling performance, but that'll be more down to the new fins and internals than the design of the rad itself. Even knowing and understanding this, I would still replace with Mishi, personally, due to reasons stated: A new radiator will always be more efficient than an old one, barring huge design differences of course.

Edited by Aashenfox