Project Gizmo

GizmoGold

I thought it was about time for me to start a log of everything I've done and plan to do :teeth:

I'm expecting my ideas to constantly change, so I have no idea how it's going to look in the end!

I've always wanted a 350z, but I could never justify buying one =/ But I went to see one that was for sale a year ago, just to get out the house, and I instantly knew I needed one! So the next day I went to view my one and bought it straight away :teeth: Here's a pic the day I picked it up:

Its a 2006 350Z GT.

Z_1_zpsifowvafm.jpg

Firstly, I've always been obsessed with Gremlins and Gizmo has been my username for 10+ years, so this lil guy is where I got my name.

IMG_0396_zpsuyxyijr8.jpg

My first change was to replace the R/C aerial, with something that looks miles better! Picked it up from Redline Styling.

IMG_0405_zpsvffnucur.jpg

My second mod was to add the carbon bonnet struts. They've actually ended up being really useful for when doing bits under the bonnet!

IMG_0411_zpstocsq6hp.jpg

The next step was obviously to remove the annoying arch gap, so along came the 20/25mm TORQEN S spacers! (Sorry for the state of my wheels! Need to get them off one day soon and get them sparkling!)

IMG_0385_zpsectfbd6x.jpg

Although the spacers removed a lot of the arch gap, I still wanted to shrink it a bit more. Which is why I went for the Tein S-Tech springs :)

IMG_0406_zps7jdryhr9.jpg

I've fitted the Bridge style gear gaiter from Team Tarmac, a purple gear knob from Kode, a D1 Spec Throttle Controller from TORQEN and a Brodit phone holder for until I get a new stereo.

IMG_0394_zpsqqlcmwin.jpg

IMG_0399_zps3twwrgwa.jpg

IMG_0395_zpsdhxwrvkv.jpg

I've replaced the OEM wheel nuts with some pretty blue ones from Tarmac Sportz and I got a cheap deal on Z centre caps from eBay.

IMG_0386_zpsmrjapkqg.jpg

I couldn't decide whether I was going to stick with the twin exit exhaust or swap to a single, but in the end I couldn't say no to the ISR Performance Single Exit Exhaust from Tarmac Sportz. I've currently done a bumper tuck with cable ties, but once I have some spare time I'll be replacing these with screws to remove the centre sag.

IMG_0391_zpsz29e2xkc.jpg

I need to redo the plastidipping, but I love the lower section being black. The bumper has a few scuffs, so in the next year it'll be replaced with something special. I've had my private plate for a few years now, so couldn't wait to put in on the Z!

IMG_0403_zpsszt5zneu.jpg

Here is the current state of my engine bay:

I've started replacing the bolts with the purple washers and fitted a JWT popcharger (both of which came from eBay). The Rare JDM harness cover came from TORQEN and I've also recently fitted a Mishimoto Rockstar Compact Oil Catch Can.

IMG_0407_zpsk3iwx8cd.jpg

IMG_0410_zpsqplw842i.jpg

IMG_0409_zpsnsnmmt8i.jpg

IMG_0408_zpsa9xnz95y.jpg

The next modification, which I had to save for last as I think it's totally changed the look of my car, is the Team Tarmac Project Louvre Z! I was lucky enough to be the first to get it fitted and I couldn't thank Matt enough for the time/effort he put into them! Also for spending all day getting the fit to be perfect!

IMG_0388_zpslrxmkzyx.jpg

IMG_0387_zpshfwksnwh.jpg

IMG_0389_zpsd9gqlkzf.jpg

I also currently have a graveyard of Z parts in my flat waiting for me to fit them! My current to do list is:

- Pearlescent headlight tint

- Satin Black Handles

- Smoothed/Painted Rear Strut Cover

- Painted Front Strut Cover

- MTEC Grooved and Dimpled Brake Disks

Edited by GizmoGold
  • Like 3

We originally tried fitting it with 3M tape, but when Alex's was being fitted mine was in the sun and one side decided to pop up :blink: So in the end we decided to go for tigerseal, which worked perfectly!

Heres a pic of the view from inside:

608EECA9-4C62-47E2-BBDF-F5606F21EF5D_zpsuj8e4pg3.jpg

I took this a while ago and have added small rubber strips under a few of the blades because they would rattle against the glass if I ever went 80mph+

• Like 1

We originally tried fitting it with 3M tape, but when Alex's was being fitted mine was in the sun and one side decided to pop up :blink: So in the end we decided to go for tigerseal, which worked perfectly!

I took this a while ago and have added small rubber strips under a few of the blades because they would rattle against the glass if I ever went 80mph+

Looks good - I thought it'd really impair your rear view!

Hmmm to get or not to get... :ninja: :ninja:

• Like 1

Looks good - I thought it'd really impair your rear view!

Hmmm to get or not to get... :ninja: :ninja:

Haha do it! =p

• Like 1

So Gizmo just passed her MOT :teeth: with the following advisories:

- Chip in windscreen (no rush to replace this)

- Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play (I guess it's time to upgrade them :D any suggestion?)

- Valve stem on both front tyres is slightly damaged (Refusing to replace the tyre until I've had everything I can out of them)

Most importantly, the garage loved the louvre and even parked it next door on the owners drive so it was kept safe until I collected it :cloud9:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got some purple rimblades and I was amazed how easy they were to fit! Here's a few pics:

1_zpsjopwmsbi.jpg

2_zpsbctkshte.jpg

I also fitted a few stickers which I've had lying around for a few months:

4_zps7jbxpfu9.jpg

My dad got a new van the same day, so here he is posing away:

3_zpsdtpqhofi.jpg

I got bored this eve and decided to go try play with the camera...I need to decide on the best time to take photos and also start using my tripod because 3/4 of the pics were blurred =/

5_zpsizytospq.jpg

6_zpskw3lsu0h.jpg

7_zpssdq8bzoe.jpg

8_zpsnvqsjkjq.jpg

9_zpslllh5mza.jpg

10_zpsuqwxvyns.jpg

11_zpsrlc8zqxk.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks both! It's now been a year since I first bought the Z :D

Got a few mods waiting to be done, but I just started an MSc so that's going to be priority whilst assignments are due! The mods are:

- Black handles

- Smoothed/Painted rear strut cover

- Painted front strut

- Painted engine bay (strut will match the theme)

- Front brakes being replaced with grooved,dimpled disks (rears already done)

- Final one will be a surprise ;)

• 2 weeks later...