Garages in Northampton that could read my Error code?

ThatNissanGuy

So my honey moon period is over for my Zed, I bought the car on Saturday and last night the engine warning light came on, the engine still performs fine it just has the light on. I have just rang my local Nissan Dealer and they cant fit me in until the 6th, this isn't the end of the world, just means I am without a car until then and that i'll have to cycle to work. Anyway, does anybody know of any garages in Northampton that would be able to read the error code?

would any garage with a diagnostic kit suffice?

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks for your replies, I've found a garage close to where I live that has 5 star reviews of previous customers so I shall give them a go. I'm new to Northampton so good to know that there are those places, mentioned above, about for future reference.

As for the car it is completely standard so time shall tell

Thanks again

Hiya mate, I have a obd2 reader at home that I use on mine. I live in irthlingborough about 30mins from you.

Your welcome to pop over and we can plug it in

Thanks for the offer , due to convenience I'll use the garage for this one and then maybe look into buying some kit in the future this weeks a tad mental with work

No problem,

They are cheap enough to buy and are handy to have, especially what some garages would charge just to plug in and read codes.

My engine management light is constantly on now because I put the decats on so when I erase the code it will just pops back up haha

Good luck hope it's something minor =]

Edited by Dean.B

So I've just got back and the code was P1162 which I believe after a quick google search is a "P1162 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction" correct me if I wrong. The reason I had to search is due to it not telling the chap on his readout. As a result of this and due to the fact he liked my car he gave me the diagnostic for free.. which I can't complain.

Ive an OBD reader too mate for future reference so if you ever need another code read just give me a shout. I can be found most weekends in Nether Heyford 2 miles from Jct 16 of M1. Although Im actually there today and was in town earlier so couldve met up if I had seen this sooner.

Ive an OBD reader too mate for future reference so if you ever need another code read just give me a shout. I can be found most weekends in Nether Heyford 2 miles from Jct 16 of M1. Although Im actually there today and was in town earlier so could've met up if I had seen this sooner.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll start building my little black book of people in the area. I'm glad I chose that garage, to be honest, as they all seem pretty genuine and also have a well kitted out workshop for future mods (bushes, suspension etc.) but thanks for the post

hello all , got mine about 2 weeks ago northampton based interested to know garage you went for future reference. I'm also in town centre if needed and have a couple of these OBD2 dongles first one didn't work lol.... (White elm)