site registration

stuey

It's not always something people want to reveal though.

Some people dont even want to say what region they are from. Its a privacy issue and we since the site dont charge, we have no right to expect them to tell us anythign about themselves.

Thus in a legal sence, we cant demand to know where they are from. Which is what it amounts to if location is compulsary part of registration.

Just my thoughts on it.

Some people dont even want to say what region they are from. Its a privacy issue and we since the site dont charge, we have no right to expect them to tell us anythign about themselves.

Thus in a legal sence, we cant demand to know where they are from. Which is what it amounts to if location is compulsary part of registration.

Just my thoughts on it.

jeeeze................. :headhurt:

sorry i asked............. :dry:

True - we cant expect people to provide that info. I know its not exactly a street address, but still info that is personal.

If it was made compulsory then people may just fill it with useless incorrect info.

There is a member map - see links on the menu at the top, which if people use it, could help with meet arrangements etc. :thumbs:

Just my thoughts on it.

It was a very good question - Stuey was not asking for their home address. If locations similar to what Stuey and I have done were given then when owners shout help for best local service etc and we see they are local we can perhaps point them in the right direction but when you have no idea where they are from then they are likely to get less response ;)

Just my thoughts on it.

It was a very good question - Stuey was not asking for their home address. If locations similar to what Stuey and I have done were given then when owners shout help for best local service etc and we see they are local we can perhaps point them in the right direction but when you have no idea where they are from then they are likely to get less response ;)

That's their call though - same as if a seller chooses to post without pics, we don't force him to.

just seems daft to me that a location is such a big deal............... its not much to ask.............

places like monkey hanging land and custardville is pointless... :headhurt: ..........

surely it would be nice to know who your neighbours are............ :)

just seems daft to me that a location is such a big deal............... its not much to ask.............

places like monkey hanging land and custardville is pointless... :headhurt: ..........

surely it would be nice to know who your neighbours are............ :)

For those that are bothered, there is the site map. I don't want mine 'easily' known for a whole host of reasons. :)

Yes - dont change it to Hartlepool.

besides I couldnt remember where the monkey hanging legend was from so I simply used google...

Now here is a very neat trick.....

open the location www.google.co.uk in your browser (think it has to be IE)

type in the search box: monkey hanging land

now click "Im feeling lucky".....

Now is it a good thing that the search results in that page, or bad? :lol:

Hopefully, as I did, having established that this forum is a friendly place, I entered the location afterwards. Its understandable that people will be a little cautious when first joining. There are lots of people who have joined and dont post, its a matter of making people feel at ease and at home here.

Seems to work ;)