front wings help please

bernard gillard

hi new to site so sorry about this

had my 2003 350z from new and apart from few small issues first year have had no issues.i joined forum in 2003 but sorry to say haven't used Its only done 50,000 and is my pride and joy.time to spend a bit and restore really bad underneath

deadly rust just showing especially on front wings

So.i bought after market wings fibre glass total waste of money, terrible fit and to be binned,can anyone advise me if there is such a thing as an aftermarket steel wing that is an amazing fit or do i need to fork out £310 a side for oem. also need drivers door hinges which seem impossible to find or£110 main dealer

can anyone help

thanks bernard

Hi Bernard. Your very correct. The fibreglass wings always seem to be a bad fit. There's a few breakers in this site that at be able to help with replacement oem front wings. Rough cost would've £80-£100 each. I'm sure they can help with door hinges too. Try emperor tuning and zmanalex

Cheers

Paul

thanks guys for such quick replies

have you seen these fitted kyle r, i am in a dilemma. Have already spent £200 on rubbish fit fibreglass although i got partial refund as damaged in post.

have seen wings on ebay as well ,but was hoping somebody here had fitted them and could advise on quality and fit .Should i buy 2 £75 wings left and right of ok fit and quality or spend £100 on wings that might be perfect fit but at least 7 years old and ok condition

thanks paul do you have links for zmanalex and emperor tuning so i can look up

by the way wow on the green car clicked on your link .im sure loads of people have mod cars but that looks amazing,and here i was just looking on making mine look ok and refreshed but am really jealous of you guys that can do that.

i am planning on getting body work underneath sound and car good and getting wrapped poss hi gloss red.

while i got you was looking for slightly updated and noticed you mentioned leds. Place in glasgow quoting £400 for converting my headlights for halos with led drl, im really looking for jag type that drl led also change to indicators.can you advise if any body has images of this done or anywhere you can buy already converted..

I also saw amazing rear lights on bankkin garage, its z led on an orange 350 but have had no reply to 3 emails and facebook has anybody done something similar

sorry for going off thread, i should get wings sorted first but any help in updating mine a bit would be appreciated

thanks bernard

Yeah the green one was 5 or 6 years ago. Had a 455bhp forged Subaru Sti hatchback and a 600bhp R35 GTR between that and my newly build supercharged 350z.

Both zmanalex and emperor and traders on this forum. If you search the traders section you will find there details there :-)

thanks guys for such quick replies

have you seen these fitted kyle r, i am in a dilemma. Have already spent £200 on rubbish fit fibreglass although i got partial refund as damaged in post.

have seen wings on ebay as well ,but was hoping somebody here had fitted them and could advise on quality and fit .Should i buy 2 £75 wings left and right of ok fit and quality or spend £100 on wings that might be perfect fit but at least 7 years old and ok condition

thanks paul do you have links for zmanalex and emperor tuning so i can look up

by the way wow on the green car clicked on your link .im sure loads of people have mod cars but that looks amazing,and here i was just looking on making mine look ok and refreshed but am really jealous of you guys that can do that.

i am planning on getting body work underneath sound and car good and getting wrapped poss hi gloss red.

while i got you was looking for slightly updated and noticed you mentioned leds. Place in glasgow quoting £400 for converting my headlights for halos with led drl, im really looking for jag type that drl led also change to indicators.can you advise if any body has images of this done or anywhere you can buy already converted..

I also saw amazing rear lights on bankkin garage, its z led on an orange 350 but have had no reply to 3 emails and facebook has anybody done something similar

sorry for going off thread, i should get wings sorted first but any help in updating mine a bit would be appreciated

thanks bernard

Pretty sure they're metal and if they are they'll a perfect fit no doubt. If they're not OEM, no one is going to spend 10's of thousands of pounds on a press mould that isn't right.

• 2 weeks later...