Best way to pay for a 370z privately?

Richesio

we walked down to the highstreet, went to his bank, put his card in at the cashier, we both checked the amount, put my card in, receipt for each of us 2 mins later we are both our paperwork swapped and money sorted.

This is best ^^^^ if you use the same bank and there is one close by. Instant confirmation of funds transfer. :thumbs:

I would be wary about using the other's wifi as well as carrying large wads of cash. Hopefully you get a data signal and can login for a bank transfer without use of the other's wifi. Be useful to check your mobile signal for that area first? Have to say that to date I have yet to hear of a transfer I have made taking more than minutes to clear, and particularly if you give notice to your bank of the intention.

And good advice said above to first check the max amount that can be transferred in one go, or indeed if you have to carry cash the max you can draw out (unless you have it all safely secured in the 'under the mattress bank' ;) )

Fast Track payments on my Barclays account allows up to £100k/day transfer, in two segments of £50k, same day transfer.

Just walk in the bank with the current owner and do it face to face. You'll only need your PIN number from your card to authenticate you. You're on the CCTV camera with him, worst case scenario. Also use registration number as reference for your payment.

WiFi spoofing it's a bit on the paranoid side, requires serious network protocol knowledge and amazing hacking skills. Too many movies that makes you think you can hack anything by pressing 23 key combination on any keyboard... :lol:

Enjoy your new car and post some pics when you get it.

Good luck!

WiFi spoofing it's a bit on the paranoid side, requires serious network protocol knowledge and amazing hacking skills. Too many movies that makes you think you can hack anything by pressing 23 key combination on any keyboard... :lol:

Is it?

"Here's my home wifi details. Don't worry, just click Trust on that certificate warning, ignore it, it doesn't mean anything, my wifi is playing up".

"Just log in with this, you'll just need to click on this install thing first to get it working, away you go".

Only bought my ST privately before I bought the Z and that was £4k. I have additional things on my account to stop fraud and large transfers so some additional things that might help :). I bought/did it at the guys house on Sunday. Seller rang Monday and said did you transfer to right account as it's not appearing (I imagine he was a little worried!). I said it will be the bank I'll contact them on lunch (Also sent him screenshot of transfer just so he wasn't to worried that I was some conman), just before lunch bank rang me and asked if it was a legitimate transfer, everything was then ok. So just be careful if you have any additional security on your account for things like that :)! You can also contact the bank before hand and let them know you may be making a substantial transfer and they can add a note to your account! I did that for the Z as I didn't want the card to decline at the dealer :p.

• Like 1