Is this the right touch up colour for a gun metal grey 350z? Are they decent?

colesl4w

Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone smarter than me could let me know if the following link is the correct touch up paint for a gun metal grey 350z?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Genuine-Scratch-Remover-Touch-Up-Paint-Gun-Metallic-Kad-KE998KAD25CC-/301995090551?hash=item46504f6277:g:vpsAAOSwPe1T2LwX

My neighbours guests have finally decided to smack a bunch of 6+ chips out of my paint, down to the primer, on my door. *sigh*.

Has anyone used these touch up pens before? Are the results any use?

Thanks very much for your help.

That's from Nissan Parts Direct, ...if you get in contact with them & give them your reg/VIN or paint code they should be able to send you the exact one you need.

I got one of those sets from a Nissan Dealer locally to me when I first got my 350. I have to be honest & say that the colour match wasn't 100% imo even though it was from Nissan but that may be down to 10+year old paint versus new paint. :shrug:

If you're touching up small chips don't try to use the brush either or you'll just end up with big unsightly blobs on the paint. Best thing to use is a match stick sharpened to a point and slowly add more paint to the chip a little at a time so that you don't overfill the chip with paint just meeting up to the edges of the chip. :thumbs:

• Like 1

That's from Nissan Parts Direct, ...if you get in contact with them & give them your reg/VIN or paint code they should be able to send you the exact one you need.

I got one of those sets from a Nissan Dealer locally to me when I first got my 350. I have to be honest & say that the colour match wasn't 100% imo even though it was from Nissan but that may be down to 10+year old paint versus new paint. :shrug:

If you're touching up small chips don't try to use the brush either or you'll just end up with big unsightly blobs on the paint. Best thing to use is a match stick sharpened to a point and slowly add more paint to the chip a little at a time so that you don't overfill the chip with paint just meeting up to the edges of the chip. :thumbs:

Thanks for the fantastic advice, much appreciated :).

Or, you could use a pre-sharpened matchstick!! (toothpicks). Also, paints4u are well-spoken of on detailing forums, and I believe I've seen them mentioned here. I've had a metallic paint from them before, plus lacquer and it's good. The match was spot on.

• Like 1

I have that kit here if you want to try before you buy?

Hi Kyle,

Thanks very much for the kind offer! Confirmed the proper code last night (WV2) and have already hit the buy button!

Ignore the instructions, it tells you to apply the base coat and leave for 10 minutes before wiping the excess off with the cap. Instead leave it for about 15-20 or it'll just wipe all off :thumbs:

I have that kit here if you want to try before you buy?

Hi Kyle,

Thanks very much for the kind offer! Confirmed the proper code last night (WV2) and have already hit the buy button!

Ignore the instructions, it tells you to apply the base coat and leave for 10 minutes before wiping the excess off with the cap. Instead leave it for about 15-20 or it'll just wipe all off :thumbs:

Hahah thanks for the top tip!

• 1 month later...