Oops! Thought I had the whole 'opposite lock' thing down.

edenc

I'm glad you're all ok, but it does sound like you were being a bit stupid tbh.

Insert usual comments here about;

Own stupid fault

Racing on public roads

That's what track days are for

Leaving the safety systems ON

T-Cut banter

Write-off speculation

Driver training courses

Etc...

Insert usual comments here about;

Own stupid fault

Racing on public roads

That's what track days are for

Leaving the safety systems ON

T-Cut banter

Write-off speculation

Driver training courses

Etc...

Yep, the vast majority of accidents are caused by a moments stupidity whether that be stupid for not paying attention, stupid for being enthusiastic, stupid for many many other reasons, but in reality it's like sailing. It's a series of things going wrong in succession that all culminate in an event and there'll probably be human error in the decision making process somewhere as well as circumstance. But ta, I hear you.

Edited by edenc

Ouch sorry to see that! still, lesson learnt. often seems to be learnt the hard way with RWD cars, until you spin and crash on a public road you don't think it'll happen to you (yes I span my first RWD car 3 months after buying it - I now understand the importance of decent tyres, driving to the conditions and the advantages of TCS!)

My advice is do a trackday/driver training day, then you realise just how quickly things can get out of shape, and how hard it is to catch a slide even after a full days practice. also going back on a public road after doing track driving makes you realise a) how narrow most public roads are, with no run off, and b ) how poor the sight lines are along country lanes.

Ouch sorry to see that! still, lesson learnt. often seems to be learnt the hard way with RWD cars, until you spin and crash on a public road you don't think it'll happen to you (yes I span my first RWD car 3 months after buying it - I now understand the importance of decent tyres, driving to the conditions and the advantages of TCS!)

My advice is do a trackday/driver training day, then you realise just how quickly things can get out of shape, and how hard it is to catch a slide even after a full days practice. also going back on a public road after doing track driving makes you realise a) how narrow most public roads are, with no run off, and b ) how poor the sight lines are along country lanes.

Yes agree with all of this

I also learnt the hard way unfortunately

It makes you a better/safer driver in the long run :)

Yes agree with all of this

I also learnt the hard way unfortunately

It makes you a better/safer driver in the long run :)

Theres always one ......... oh well, 70 mph and every corner in 3rd gear max from now on, right? :lol:

As for your MV Agusta explanation, I think thats very unlikely, everyone knows that if youre heading that way you buy a Maloo and a Ducati:

13692875_10154327233842363_6957555300329518183_o.jpg

Yes, that is for real, he was on the way to the Nurburgring .......... the man is a genuine legend.