Should I or shouldn't I?

nictry

Having looked at the MOT mileage over the last 3 years of ownership and realising I am averaging less than 1k miles per year as its only summer use and yet it's treated like one of my children ;) I am wondering whether my 06 (94k) gunmetal/orange interior 350 convertible needs a new home?

I also have to weigh up what I have spent on her since taking ownership which includes a brand new roof, banana arms, full servicing, tidied up the interior with carbon dipped arm rests, resprayed front bumper, Pioneer head unit, new OEM gear knob etc and a new milltek exhaust, essentially I would like to think one of the nicest 'standard' 350 roadsters around (in my opinion of course :)

I really have lost track of potential values as it seems the 350 is even more desirable now than it used to be so would really appreciate any suggestions to give me a chance to decide whether to keep her for another year or let some lucky person take ownership?

Couple of pictures below to show how she looked, now clear reflectors and black handles but otherwise standard inside/out.

fed5ff412b3aab0df084659cf0895957.jpg

a41c37c5629d5d7c33941c1adbaa32ca.jpg

Edited by nictry

so, why is it only summer use? what else are you driving?

Edited to add, no, you shouldnt sell it, you should drive it more!

It's not overly practical for family use if you know what I mean so when not ferrying the kids about as a taxi service or doing 250 motorway mile round trips to work in mine or my wife's main cars it comes out for a run is weekends and sunny days when the kids are off out only = not often!

Edited by nictry

When the weather is like this!! Get out and drive it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, and did today! Just not frequently enough if I consider the potential depreciation whilst sat on the drive, the tax, insurance and service costs which make me ask the question about keep or sell!

I think the depreciation will get better as you aren't driving it that much. The miles will eventually be lower than other cars similar age if you get what i mean?

It's not particularly low miles at the moment, my 06 is on 65k and have used it every day for 5 years. There are plenty lower out there too.

It does look like a nice clean car though so will sell easily

• Like 1

Same here! Lots of money invested in the car! And in 3.5 years of ownership only driven 8k miles..Weekend toy! Sometimes it's just collecting dust! I guess it's same with almost every sport car,you drive it only accasionaly to give you some buzz!

Depreciation wize think there is no problem! They loozing very little these days! If you can keep it and use it accasionaly for adrenalin! But if funds tight then sell it!

• Like 1