ABS, ESP and light on

Banz

I took the car out for a wash. After 20mims driving. The lights came on when I applied the brakes. I switched the engine off. Great, no more lights. But as soon as I applied the brakes. The lights are on again.

I did put a heavy luggage in the boot, maybe that upset the sensor? I also topped up the windscreen fluid and it overflow a little bit.

Tried resetting the ECU. Didn't help. Any ideas? Im 250miles away from home. Hope it doesn't cause any problems?

Try those suggestions above, brake light switch and fluid level (topped up to max).

I had same issue previously, as soon as I touch the brake pedal, the lights came up. Unfortunately for me, it was an issue with my ABS actuator unit which needs replacing.

If you still have issue after checking, you might want to get ur car checked with a proper code reader. Bluetooth code reader only gives you engine codes, not electronic codes. Report back and fellow forum members can help.

No luck. If I slightly depress the brake. Then the light won't lit up. If I press harder, all 3 lights come up.

Brake fluid is just at the max level. I tried opening the cap and tap it. No luck.

Brake light seems to be working. Or is there another brake light on the back windscreen? I forgot to check.

Yes, there is a high level brake light at the top of the rear windscreen.

My brake switch failed but my LED brake lights did still come on, just a lot fainter than normal and the high level didn't work.

Yes, there is a high level brake light at the top of the rear windscreen.

My brake switch failed but my LED brake lights did still come on, just a lot fainter than normal and the high level didn't work.

Oh right I better try it at Night. Couldn't see it clearly when it was sunny.

Right, it is the rear brake light on the back windscreen. It is intermittent. Im guessing the water must have gone into it during the car wash. Im going to wait a few days to see if it sort itself out. If not, new bulbs and wiring?

I have the same issue.

Just had my P3 service so my brake fluid level is at max, the brake lights (sometimes) work when I catch them in the reflection of windows/other cars, etc. However, if I lightly apply the brakes, the 3 lights on the dashboard don't appear, when I brake normally, or hard, they do.

Going to check the bulbs in the lights & the fuses, if not, I assume it'll be the brake light switch, maybe worse? :scare:

Edited by Snowseph

I have the same issue.

Just had my P3 service so my brake fluid level is at max, the brake lights (sometimes) work when I catch them in the reflection of windows/other cars, etc. However, if I lightly apply the brakes, the 3 lights on the dashboard don't appear, when I brake normally, or hard, they do.

Going to check the bulbs in the lights & the fuses, if not, I assume it'll be the brake light switch, maybe worse? :scare:

So on mine it was when I applied the brakes. The connection is loose, I can see the third brake light (top of windscreen) blinking. I just push the connection back into the brake switch. Then it was fixed!

I think it must have got loose while I was depressing the clutch, I probably tug the electric cable a little bit.

I have the same issue.

So on mine it was when I applied the brakes. The connection is loose, I can see the third brake light (top of windscreen) blinking. I just push the connection back into the brake switch. Then it was fixed!

I think it must have got loose while I was depressing the clutch, I probably tug the electric cable a little bit.

Where's the switch located? I'll try this on mine now. :)

Underneath the brake pedal. You should see an electric cable plugged into the brake switch. I think it was towards the right.

Underneath the brake pedal, as in behind it? I see an electric cable plugged in to the front of the top of the pedal with a brown connector. I assume this is the brake switch? But I also assume I am wrong, haha.

Edited by Snowseph

Sorted. Gave it a wiggle & pushed it in *ungh* and now the dash lights don't pop up and the brake lights work perfectly. Missed how good the LED's look when they come on.

EDIT - Cheers for the help mate. :thumbs:

Edited by Snowseph
  • Like 1