Alright guys

Just a quick hello. Had one of the first 350Z's when they first came out and thoroughly enjoyed it and am thinking of getting one again now as a track car.

I have a GT3 at the moment for track work, but want something I can strip and and make into a proper track car.

Has anyone done this - or is it just a stupid idea? They are just such pretty cars. :D

:welcome:

couple have been done for drifting in the uk and did see one in some some amateur sports class on the telly the other week. It was pretty standard bar a few decals. He'd only had a week so hadn't had much time to do any work on it.

Are you intending to do anything performance wise. If you do you'll need to do some research. Piggy back ECU for starters plus if going over 400bhp they you'll need upgraded internals.

Weight, tyres and suspension would be the first ports of call. How much weight can you strip out of a Z?

Would like to take it up to about 400bhp, but wouldn't want to put too much strain on the components. So don't know if it is a good idea.

Well I want it to be quick. My GT3 is 1555kg fully laden with driver,liquids and full fuel and 381bhp. That is 245 bhp per ton.

Would like to get more than that out of a Z. That means I need to shed mega weight and will definately need more power. Will do some searching about specific mods. Should be an interesting project though.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome. Whatever weight you strip out will be replaced by a cage anyway, so partially dependent on the weight of the cage. ;)

We have 2 x full spec'd out 350z, caged race cars in NZ. One is space framed, (eek he can't crash it again, it will be replacment time, lol), supercharged with basically most of the Stillen shop attached to it performance wise. The other 350 is TT'd, small turbo's, but they spool brutally quickly, and he's running Cusco suspension.

If you like I can inquire with both of them how much weight was removed. One has had basically everything that was unnecessary stripped out, the other still has a couple of creature comforts.