'Click' noise when accelerator pressed

LloydZee

Hi everyone

I'm getting a noise when pressing and depressing the accelerator. This only happens when driving, not stationary. I can only hear it with the windows down. It seems to only 'click' when first pressing it lightly, doesn't seem to when accelerating hard. The car drives perfectly.

The noise is coming from the front of the car.

I've never noticed this noise before but maybe it's always been there? Any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi..i too have exactly the same problem from accelerator pedal,started 3 days ago. Definitely not clicky back axle,already living with that.

The noise is at the front,happens when pulling away in 1st & reverse,just once for a split second only.

Sound is a click/buzzing noise..i've had my head right on the floor pressing the pedal by hand,and it is within the first movement of pedal.

Baffled ?? :wacko:

Can't recall a 370 owner having the clicking rear axle issue that is not uncommon with the 350's and I certainly never heard the clicking noise mentioned by the OP and 350Z paradise associated with the (assumed) throttle use during my 370 ownership, but wonder if is the sensors/mechanical elements operated by the DBW system that might be the culprit(s)?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A bit late but I found this whilst googling axle click which mine may have....after maybe 5 seconds of driving it makes a click/buzzing sound and my old Focus ST made the exact noise at the same time...I am pretty damn sure its the AC compressor clutch springing back...