Boot/tailgate will not open?

EcoFriendlyAL

First problem for my Zed. Came to open the boot to put the shopping in and the button won't budge and the boot/tailgate will not open? Had a search of forum but can't see a thread? I tried pulling on the release under the big strut in the back but it wouldn't move? When I press the unlock on the key fob, there isn't a click or anything from the boot mechanism?

Cheers

AL

I've had this once, try the release under the strut again, it needs a really hefty pull, the thing is a tad awkward, in a very precise direction.

Also, experience speaking here, don't fit a horizontal tonneau cover if you need access to it.

Just to confirm - it's the original Nissan vertical tonneau (boot divider) that would prevent access as they are fixed into position with brackets etc from the rear side. The ones I make/provide could be removed from the front of the car if needed.

Just sayin' :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I learned that to open the passenger door is a double tap on the key fob open button, but still the boot is unable to open. I pulled as hard as I could on the release under the Z bar but it won't budge?

You can reprogram the key fob to open both doors with one tap on the key fob. It's pretty easy, there's a guide somewhere on here.

Pete

Well I learned that to open the passenger door is a double tap on the key fob open button, but still the boot is unable to open. I pulled as hard as I could on the release under the Z bar but it won't budge?

You can reprogram the key fob to open both doors with one tap on the key fob. It's pretty easy, there's a guide somewhere on here.

Pete

Yeh, hold both buttons for 5 seconds I read. I'm OK with that, its just the mystery of the boot release now. It doesn't make a sound when I open the car with the key fob. My TT used to make a noise as the actuater worked.

I can't recall with my two 350's whether you heard a noise other than the catch disengaging - hopefully someone with a 350 can clarify?

And maybe there is someone on here nearby to you in Walsall who could take a look ;)

I can't recall with my two 350's whether you heard a noise other than the catch disengaging - hopefully someone with a 350 can clarify?

And maybe there is someone on here nearby to you in Walsall who could take a look ;)

There is no noise at all. So thinking the lock mechanism is jammed? I might try getting more leverage on the pull cord, but don't want to break something already lol. Just wondering if the pull cord is supposed to work anyway when the lock is locked? If not I'll just break the cord.

WEll I do feel very silly indeed and apologies for wasting time. I was pressing the button wrong. Pressing at the back not the squishy bit with a button in it. I was also pullling on what I realised was the cargo attachment loop not the emergancy boot release, witch is held on with velcro. Oh well, at least it all worked out for the best. Plonker of the month award gratefully accepted LOL.

Haha :lol: Brilliant. :lol::bang::doh:

I've been trying to find an answer for you but seem to come to a dead end once the emergency pull cord thingy is pulled, this seemed to solve everyone's issue (both here and in the US). It never occured to me you might not actually be pulling the right thing! :lol:

So glad you got it sorted buddy. :thumbs: We've all had times like these. No, actually, we probably all haven't TBH. :teeth:

• Like 1