Anyone into high end audio?

KUBE

I've been collecting a few things which I'll be installing into a 350Z, when I find one. Although I have not yet committed on the speakers. I would like to run Dynaudio again up front. This time with a three way set of comps. What size of mid bass drivers fit in the doors without cutting the metal too much? I presume 6.5" are fine, although Dynaudio tend to be closer to 7".

Also if anyone has some photos of what the doors look like minus their cards, please show me :)

I used to be (had over 2 grands worth of Genesis amps and speakers in my old supra) but it got so expensive for something I listened to for 3000 miles a year so I sold it all. Just now building back up more reasonable parts to install like Alpine and Genesis Profile range, maybe some Focal stuff too.

Dunno if it is any good but I was hoping to get some door pods when I do my speakers, apparently the stock cards muffle a lot of sound, so putting high end gear in would be a waste. Something like these:

http://wickedcas.com/product.php?productid=60&cat=8&page=1

I got my last sub box from them and they have some good ideas for tight spaces (I also have a 350z sub box they do waiting to go in the stock bose location)

You could get away with a nice 2 way set up that way.

I'm mirroring the same build in my Zed into the Alfa, consisting of:

Morel Elate 602 in the front

Audison Voce 6.5 in the rear

Audison 5.1k amp has the capability of running 1.6k rms

Audison AV Digital Interface

Audison Bit One

iPad Mini

Love it, wouldn't change it for the world and hence I'm mirroring into my daily.

Lovely kit chaps! Probably better sounding than mine will be! :)

I like mixing in old school stuff, along with new tech. So for me I love the convenience of all my lossless tunes on my iPhone. That goes through a stand alone DAC which extracts the quality signal whilst charging my phone, then into old school items. All of which I found brand new in their boxes! Zapco half din in dash balanced pre amp, Zapco Symbilink balanced cable and receivers, plus a Rockford Fosgate 60ix amp. The "ix" were the best sounding RF amps, plus this is exactly what I owned new in 1995. I also used to run Dynaudio which is why I want those again. #nostalgia :)

So not the ultimate or anything, but certainly very good and just looking at the kit makes me smile before I even listen.

Not done anything in the Z, but into my audio at home and had a good setup in my Alfa before.

Home using marantz amp, marantz CD player, focal floor standers 826v

Alfa had focal componet speakers, going through an alpine amp 1000w 4channel.

Sounded great. I am not really a bass junkie, much more into clarity of vocals and getting a dynamic sound out of the system.

Wasso's setup sounds good, friends got Morels in his 911 Turbo S and they sound very good.

Re: Morels. I have some Morels here, new in their box. I was going to use them in the kicks, as point source drivers. But my plans changed.

Your friend with the Morels - what size is he running? Does he also use a sub? How does it sound to you?

Personally I wouldn't call anything with the name Focal on them high-end, but as long as you're happy with them that's what counts :thumbs:

Focal make some good speakers, they rank very highly with EISA.

If you want HIGH end then Audison Thesis is where it's at, but that's just stupid money for a car. The only way you'd appreciate that sound is if the engine was off.

What we're really talking here is the top end of mid range and the beginning of high end.

My Audison AV5.1k was £1k on its own, then adding the digital interface was another £130. Car audio can get way out of control very easily. Bit like Zeditus. But there's a limit to what you can get from High Audio from a car.

• Like 1