speed camera's on M25 ---- Updated with new Junction numbers

steve_b

May be a spoof/spam mail (so please do not mail everyone, just do posts on open forums like ours) but in case NOT worth knowing.

Guys, I have read that as of February 15th all cameras on the M25 between J10 and 15 (A3 to the M40) are going digital and having their threshold set at 80mph (true speed) and will be active 24/7, (as opposed to peak times only/93mph at present).

Guest prescience

Pretty sure they're digital already and auto-send picture back to a cenralised location. Used this stretch of road daily for 10 years until 2000 and never saw guys out changing the film.

They never seemed to flash below 90mph that is very true so if that has changed, its worth knowing B) How they would ever prosecute all the drivers who dirve on this section at 81mph+, heaven only knows, the system would break down within an hour I would've thought :wacko:

Ming can correct, but I believe the ACPO guidelines are to set detection criteria at speed+10%+2mph or 79mph in this case, which is consistsent with the 80mph