MOT Advisory

JoeSwin

Hi,

My MOT came back with an advisory as the lower control arm bush starting to debond. I'm guessing I either replace the bush or the arm?

And how much would that cost? Parts, and labour?

Thanks

Well I'm looking to sell it in August so don't want to pass on the issue, much rather sell knowing its not going to be a problem. And there is a knock over rough roads at slow speed from that corner anyway, I'd guess they might be linked?

I had an advisory on my Golf Gti for 3 years running for the bushes in the rear suspension arms being perished and apparently about to fall out. I didnt touch them, then on the 4th year it passed with no advisories at all. Same garage, same MOT tester. All depends on how they feel on the day really.

But fair play on you, wanting to get them replaced before selling the car, thats got to show a potential buyer that your a serious seller. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I had an advisory on my Golf Gti for 3 years running for the bushes in the rear suspension arms being perished and apparently about to fall out. I didnt touch them, then on the 4th year it passed with no advisories at all. Same garage, same MOT tester. All depends on how they feel on the day really.

But fair play on you, wanting to get them replaced before selling the car, thats got to show a potential buyer that your a serious seller. :thumbs:

LOL! MOT testers. :surrender:

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

I had an advisory on my 1st MOT, January 2009 that by brake linings at the front were close to the limit, only had 5k on the clock. Next 2 MOT's, same garage no mention of them. Still haven't changed them.

Pete

• Like 1

Yeah I was originally quoted 3.5 hours today. So trying to find somewhere that can do it quicker to avoid overpaying. Warwickshire area of there's any advice?

Cougarstore in Leicester is the place to go. Mitz and Andy will sort you out, traders on here and highly recommended.

http://cougarstore.co.uk/

Edited by SHEZZA

I had an advisory on my 1st MOT, January 2009 that by brake linings at the front were close to the limit, only had 5k on the clock. Next 2 MOT's, same garage no mention of them. Still haven't changed them.

Pete

My dad had an advisory on his car that the front ball joint was borderline a fail and needed replacing asap. Being the safety conscious bloke he is, he booked it in with the exact same garage to have the work done. Their mechanic went to change the ball joint and said he couldnt find anything wrong with it so called my dad up to ask if he still wanted it replaced as it was perfectly fine. My dad pointed out that their MOT tester had said it was so bad it nearly failed the MOT, so they grabbed their MOT tester and asked him what was wrong with the ball joint. The MOT tester double checked and couldnt find a thing wrong with it!!!