Ups oversize delivery charge

jamez87

Has anyone ever had any experience with charges for parcels that a courier states is over the declared size?

I purchased a splitter and had to arrange the courier to collect, the seller wrapped and gave me the measurements.

I used interparcel, who used ups to deliver the parcel (to the wrong house) on Monday.

Yesterday I receive an email from interparcel wanting £50 from me for an oversized parcel.

I've asked for picture evidence but apparently ups can only provide the measurements they took.

I've measured the bit of wood the splitter came wrapped with (for protection) which measures exactly to what the seller stated and for obvious reasons that bit of wood was atleast the same size as the splitter.

How can I fight this? I personally feel they are trying it on....I also find it funny they say I can send pictures of the parcel with the measurements, knowing full well I would have opened it.

Bit of a rant I know but I don't want to take this one on the chin and I don't fancy debt letters either. So anyone clued up on this sort of stuff, I'd appreciate the help!

Cheers

Your courier will probably have an agreement with UPS to deliver parcels up to a set size and weight for a fixed price.

Because your parcel exceeded those dimensions, UPS will have added a surcharge which your courier is now trying to pass on to you.

If you had told your courier the size and weight before they quoted you then it is their mistake.

You need to speak to their Customer Services and get it resolved.

I use UPS a lot and have an account with them. Our rates are really good, but only up to a certain size and weight. Anything above that and we have to get a specific quote.

Well its more ups saying I didn't declare the correct size.

I had to go by what the seller told me but measuring what I have matches what he told me but ups have claimed its 32cm longer then declared, which I just find ridiculous.

They have nothing to back it up with though and currently I don't really have anything to prove my side.

I would tell them to shove it. You have your parcel. Your business with them has concluded. You really think that a company the size of UPS is going to try and squabble over £50? Tell them to prove it was indeed 32cm bigger than quoted. When they say that they can't, as said previously, kindly inform them where they can stick their BS £50 charge!

• Like 1

As above, tell them to whistle. They may send you a couple of letters chasing payment but I am a credit manager and believe me they will not take legal action for £50.

• Like 1

Sweet, cheers guys.....I thought that would of been the method of choice haha. ðŸ‘

Really couldn't be bothered with the hassle of debt letters over something so stupid!

She mentioned something about taking money from my PayPal, I'd assume they can't just help themselves?!

"Please confirm if you would like us to automatically charge this amount to the Card or PayPal account used to pay for this order. Please note we are unable to deduct funds from a PrePay account."

Well I've said no so I think I'll leave it at that!