My New Dirty Diesel Z Replacement!

jonty88

Unfortunately I had to sell my Z as I wanted to get back pretty much what I paid for it 16 months a go, and with buying my first house on the horizon it made financial sense to let her go :( (Head over heart eh?)

Anyway, having been able to get great rates through my business here is the Z's replacement, 2016 Audi TT Ultra Sport S Line in Daytona Grey. Yes its a 2.0 TDI but it also does 62 mpg (with a very light foot) and costs £30 to tax. Its also surprisingly fun to drive having never owned a TDI before, it genuinely doesnt feel much slower than the Z when going through the gears. The virtual cockpit and interior is also excellent, a lot to keep me entertained!

Here's some pics I took when I picked it up last Saturday:

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

The equivalent 1.8T Petrol model is only 0.1 secs quicker 0-60 with roughly the same power and more costly to tax with around 45 mpg, so it was a no brainer in the end! 2.0 Petrol models were slightly over my budget.

So far so good anyway, absolutely loving it! :D

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about this diesel chat... :surrender:

Haha I honestly never thought ide opt for a Diesel but weighing costs and performance figures it definitely made sense for me. The 2.0 Turbo Petrol was just to costly in the end.

It's just the lack of that lovely exhaust noise that I can't deal with. Also when I had. BMW 320 cd M Sport, the lag irritated the hell out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just the lack of that lovely exhaust noise that I can't deal with. Also when I had. BMW 320 cd M Sport, the lag irritated the hell out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exhaust note is the big down side I agree, there had to be some compromises for me. Although so far I havent noticed any Turbo lag! (Will see if I think the same after a couple thousand miles ;) )

Looks great imo. Very aggressive looking front end. B)

Enjoy the new ride. ;)

Thanks Ballistic! Some would say baby R8? :lol:;)

Well I wouldn't go that far, :D ...maybe the ba**ard offspring of an R8 or a brother from the same mother. :shrug::lol:

Maybe get a Revo map to make it a little closer one day (once it's out of warranty & if this is for the correct model).

Link: http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/audi/tt-mk3-2014-/200/stage-1?ref=tsr-performance

;)

• Like 1

Just to add, thats a fantastic performance increase! Not quite sure what Audi would make of it if I handed it back though :lol:

Yep and for £399 it's a bargain imo.

That's only £7.98 per 1Bhp increase going from the maximum achievable figures (+50Bhp). B)

Audi might not be so impressed though. :dry::D

• Like 1

So you sold the zed to save money and come out with a brand new audi- that's man maths at it's best :lol:

Haha, well I got it through my business and the rates work out far better than a personal contract, couldnt resist!

Nice looking car, modern diesels are not to be underrated, my Honda surprises a lot of people, recently a Skyline GTT.

Nobody expects it either thats the great thing about them, particularly as the fuel economy is crazy good!

I've sat in the new TT's, it has to be said, the interiors are stunning,simple, driver focused facing towards you... just nice lol.

They really are, thats what sold it for me, the virtual cockpit is unrivaled compared to its rivals imo. The TT was never a car I really looked at much before either, but love the Mk3's B)