Wasso spacer

Mj86

Why do people go for the Wasso spacer opposed to say Motodyne, just out of interest :wacko:
I believe they were more cost effective from new and colour choice was important to some people🙂

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

The quality is also excellent and like Papa said different colours too to match your bay bling, like a nice green for instance.

Why do people go for the Wasso spacer opposed to say Motodyne, just out of interest :wacko:
I believe they were more cost effective from new and colour choice was important to some people🙂

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Okay some simple blurb:

The Motordyne is made of a two piece construction, therefore had to be bonded at the joints which weren't great. Whilst there's two weak points they can of course potentially create air gaps within the joints. My resulting formula was to create a singular construction which in effect cost more as there was a huge amount of aluminium waste. Their gaskets were bonded with some form of silicon sealant. This breaks down over time resulting in the gasket detaching from the spacer. They would also cut and anodise straight away. This means the laser cuts being rough would collect a huge amount of engine oil or debris. Dirty things after a while, and not easy to clean. This is all experience of having owned a MD myself.

Therefore, singular construction, gaskets bonded avoiding silicon, polished then anodised results in a sealed, strong, whilst easy to clean and aesthetically pleasing to the modifiers eye.

That's basically it really. Yes they were slightly cheaper than the MD in price, but then I didn't want to rip the community off. Thoroughly enjoyed doing them. Oh and exactly the same gains with my spacer versus all others.