someones got a bad sense of humour

Lexx

So, got a phone call from the powers that be.... :angry:

....and now I have to figure out how to tell my g/f that I'm flying out to the US on Valentines Day to join my next ship!

How in the hell am I gunna tell her that. Im gunna suffer for this one :surrender:

You may not understand it, I may not understand it, but every woman seems to think its the be all and end all of romantic dates!
Not mine, its the middle of the week, we are 83.2 miles apart and i am moving into my new place soon. Therefore Val day is nothing but another day.

Saying that i am getting a load of flowers delivered to her office on the 14th and showering her in champaign and chocolate the weekend before ;)

Get booking a weekend away before Valentines day and say it was the only time you could get the hotel you wanted. Follow it up with suggesting a night in with takewaway and whatever for the day and then tell her a few days before that you have to go away and that you can still do the night in on the 13th..... :thumbs:

LexxD, take it from a wise man... aka me... here is what I would do,

Wake up in the morning Valentines day, lean over to her, give her a kiss, tell her you love her, and then say Im just quickly popping out, wait right here and ill be back with a big surprise...

get changed, get on the plane to the states...

chat up the stewardess...

Get off the plane...

give her a call on her mobile phone...

when she answers say...

SURPRISE !!!!

Im in America... happy valentines :flowers:

Then put the phone down and pray you got a place to come back too...

Thats what id do, works everytime... honest :blush::lol:

try it :thumbs:

....and now I have to figure out how to tell my g/f that I'm flying out to the US on Valentines Day to join my next ship!

How in the hell am I gunna tell her that. Im gunna suffer for this one :surrender:

Assume even the Borg allow wives to accompany ;)

Assume even the Borg allow wives to accompany ;)

Dont even mention the M word! (not Maersk...the other M word!)

dude....take her out the night before you fly out...and make it a special valentines night in advance...that way you can let the news out the next day and do a runner...still have a place to come back to...you score brownie points for bein sensitive...and best of all..you still get the lonely stewardess on valentines day!!!