350z owner, need more power

It will cost you more to make a 350Z faster than a GTR than it would to buy a GTR. If you want something that will chase down a GTR in a straight line then spend £12K on a 500hp Supra, a 500hp Skyline or remap an N54 BMW ......... but you will still get dicked on the corners.

Ive been past GTRs and E92 M3's on track in a relatively standard 350Z but that doesnt mean its the faster car ;)

Hmm. I don't think it'd cost £40k to make a 350Z faster than a GTR.

As Alex says, the only issue I can see is traction at higher power levels.

It weighs less.

It could potentially have the same or more power.

Even with fancy launch control I don't think a Z would ever beat a GTR from a standing start. But rolling and with a decent TCU then, why not?

Why not? 4WD mainly, not to mention very clever computer controlled 4WD.

Ive also seen a GTR for £30K ......... lets say £7K on a base car, £15K on a 500+hp engine build, clutch and management, £4K on a big brake kit, £1500 on wheels and tyres and youve only got £2.5K left for everything else including suspension, fuelling and interior.

Ive also seen a GTR for £30K ......... lets say £7K on a base car, £15K on a 500+hp engine build, clutch and management, £4K on a big brake kit, £1500 on wheels and tyres and youve only got £2.5K left for everything else including suspension, fuelling and interior.

15k for an engine build? Are you including FI in that?

If we're talking from a standing start then yes the GTR will always win with its gadgetry. No doubt.

I think I added my total spend up to 25k ish for 650whp.

Edited by TT350

Forging, FI kit, management, clutch, building, fitting and mapping. No doubt someone will tell me it can be done for less but Im looking at new, high quality parts and a reputable engine builder, I dont think youd see much back out of £15K.

Forging, FI kit, management, clutch, building, fitting and mapping. No doubt someone will tell me it can be done for less but Im looking at new, high quality parts and a reputable engine builder, I dont think youd see much back out of £15K.

You're right. Added mine up.

TT kit 3500

Fitting 2600

Uprated bottom end build 4500

Fitting will be 1500©

Other bits and pieces 1500

13600 and that's with 2nd hand TT kit.

And then lose £10k+ when you want to sell the monster Zed you built.

Can't see why you would want to do this unless you have money to burn and dont mind not recovering.

Lol I don't have money to burn.

It's an individual thing. Not many TTZ's floating about. And when you meet Mr Porsche Turbo and Mr Mercedes AMG or Mr Lamborghini and dare I say, Mr GTR and you at least keep up if not beat them, the look on their chops is priceless.

True, logically you're losing lots of money. But I'm not a Vulkan. I'm Captain Kirk on a mission. Zero F's given.

• Like 2