Rear subframe brace

Dean.B

Hiya I'm in no rush for this. My car had its mot on Friday and passed but this was an advisory that it would need changing before the next mot. Does anyone know where I could buy a new one of these from and a price please just so I know.

This is a picture I found of the part they said is corroded and will need replacing

Thanks

image.jpg1_6.jpg

Hi,

im sure there was someone on here selling these can't 100% remember who

mine was basically dust and i've changed mine to a "ULTRA RACING 4 Point Rear Lower Bar Brace linked below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Rear-Lower-Bar-Brace-for-Nissan-FAIRLADY-Z33-350z-RL4-1259-/281862953916?hash=item41a0575bbc:g:7sAAAOSw7FRWUKLW

well i got it installed for free when i took my car in for a service, couldn't be bothered with 13 years of rusted bolts :lol: didn't hear anything from them when they did it so i guess it's a straight swap!

Known commonly as the "W brace" for obvious reasons, haven't yet seen a standard one without rust!

Mines on its way out as well and was also looking to swap for the after market Ultra Racing above.

I put "GT Spec" braces on the underside of mine in other places but they don't seem to do this one!

• Like 1

Yeah I was told that it is a common problem with these, must be a bad design, I guess the water sits in it and rots them.

Do you know much about these ultra racing, are they good ?

It looks like a better design where water wouldn't sit inside it.

I haven't heard of them before but may be worth a try.

Yeah that is a shame, nice to have matching even if it is under the car haha

bit strange that they don't do that part, especially if it's a common part to be replaced mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've just ordered a oem w brace but having some issues trying to find the bolt size to buy some replacements. Has anyone changed there brace recently and can remember what size of bolts are required

Thanks shawn

• 4 years later...