Week 2 & The Mods Have Started !

Zedrock

First mods completed, stubby aerial and Mishimoto air intake fitted, quality bit of kit good value for money I'd say, took abut 40 minutes to fit as no installation guide but pretty easy to figure out and I'm no mechanic!

Locates nicely in the original airbox fixing points with two legs on the bottom and a steel tab that attaches also to the original point on the wing.

Order from Amber about ten days ago, they were out of stock but promised me one from the shipment due and arrived a clue of days before I expected.

Sounds much nicer than the original box and feels more responsive although that maybe because on removing the original airbag found it full of leaves !

Have a couple of video clips for sound but just got to figure out ho to resize them !

Aldo

post-28755-0-75699700-1464113170_thumb.jpeg

post-28755-0-25133100-1464113171_thumb.jpeg

post-28755-0-87039300-1464113171_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Zedrock
  • Like 1

Week three and the Japan Racing JR3s Flat Black from Tarmac have arrived 18s ,offset 15 front 9" and offset 25 rear 10" plus the Hankook Ventus S1-Evo 2 rears fronts should be here tomorrow, great price from Oponeo got a mate who'll fit and balance the for me pics to follow once fitted

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Millet back box turned out to be a non starter as without the mid section wouldn't fit , more haste less speed on the research front !

No harm done got my money back as had been described as straight bolt on replacement !

Although a few negative comments on here I took the risk and ordered a Toyosport off Ebay, managed to get one in an auction for £189 inc delivery instead of the 250 they sell them for that was for Y pipe back, then a couple of days later they reduced the price on the Y pipe so got that too for 107 inc delivery, had it fitted today and my man was impressed with the quality, took him longer to get the stock system off with rusted bolts etc than to fit the new one, went on easy , one tail pipe does hang very slightly lower that the other but so did my stock one, may go back and get the bracket heated and bent if it annoys me enough but it's hardly noticeable !

Sound is slightly deeper than stock not too loud no drone just a good growl when you give it some beans but I have a Mishimoto induction Kit on which adds to the sound a bit too, overall good value for money if (as me ) you don't have the cash to hand for a higher end one .

Will try and post some sound clips on here to compare to the stock system ones soon.

For the time being that's the mod boxes ticked, Aerial,Wheels and tyres, induction kit and exhaust, probably enough for the first 6 weeks !