Bargain Europa

Kev946

They are a good looking car in the flesh. The latest interior is very plush and a vast improvement, all leather covered dash and panels and nice stitiching. I think the Lotus factory will upgrade the interior too.

I r3eckon they are now a good buy and surely depreciation should now slow down.

Its a shape that pics don't do justice to. Looks great on the road in dark colours. Still not sure about the bit where the side windows meet the roof though - looks a bit kit car.

What puts me off is that its barely more practical as a day to day proposition than an Elise and they're gorgeous.

Its a shape that pics don't do justice to. Looks great on the road in dark colours. Still not sure about the bit where the side windows meet the roof though - looks a bit kit car.

What puts me off is that its barely more practical as a day to day proposition than an Elise and they're gorgeous.

Agree with that Digsy, except the practicality of these IMO is a lot more than the Elise! Look how much deeper the doors are on these, getting in and out is a doddle compared.

Agree the Elise is gorgeous, so, fancy a S1?? ;):D

Agree with that Digsy, except the practicality of these IMO is a lot more than the Elise! Look how much deeper the doors are on these, getting in and out is a doddle compared.

:lol: No money! Will you lease it to me?

:lol: No money! Will you lease it to me?

Not a problem - one off deposit of £7k leaves you repayments of £29.95 a month for 3 years. ;):teeth:

I do like these cars & would be happy to get, but the only thing that stops me is the small high, reving engines they use, I prefer my engines big & torquey with low down grunt. :teeth:

But is does weigh about half as much as the Zed. ;)

And at one point they were putting 2.2l engines in these IIRC.

Thats a bargain. Dont know if I could use it as an only car though, much better than an elsie obviously but still a way short of a 350Z/Boxster/Z4 comfort levels.

I do like the look of them though in a "thats different - what is it" sort of way, plus its a Lotus which is a name with british heritage that everybody knows.

are the S1 's down to the £5k mark yet ?

In the trade for an real poor example quite possibly. This is a 99 T with 41k on it, full LSH, cream leather, sports exhaust, etc. Not pushing for top money as we know what car we want to replace it with. Open to sensible offers! ;)

In the trade for an real poor example quite possibly. This is a 99 T with 41k on it, full LSH, cream leather, sports exhaust, etc. Not pushing for top money as we know what car we want to replace it with. Open to sensible offers! ;)

£6k? :)

Which is less than trade, so need more than that. :)

Which is less than trade, so need more than that. :)

I am trade. :)

The mortgage trade :lol: