Wanted: quiet exhaust with a dual look

sasha@lazytrips

Looking to replace my exhaust with something that doesn't wake up the entire county in the morning. As some of you know, I do a lot of long distance driving and am looking to drive to Greece this summer. Would really like to be able to hold a conversation in the car and limit the rasp/headache.

Currently have a custom-made dual with *limited* silencing (a little similar to the HKS Ti) so I'd guess the majority of options would be better.

Requirements:

Quiet (subject to below)

Good sporty sound (as long as above holds)

Dual look at the back without a central silencer box

Nothing with burnt tips or giant pineapple guns at the back (my current setup)

Any recommendations welcome!

I do a lot of long drives myself and have the Invidia Gemini cat-back system fitted which isn't too loud. Although it does have the central back box. I think you'd find it hard to get a system with the individual back boxes and still remain quiet.

I have an Ark Grip fitted and I find it quiet enough in the cabin to hold a conversation. Even while idling you would think it was standard. But it still sounds really good through the Rev range. Waiting on invidia test pipes to be delivered now though so I'm sure that will all change for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Think the key is how it sounds with fluctuations around the 3-3.5k rev range (e.g. sitting on Motorway at 80ish). Think most things will be quieter than my current one, but really hard to find something that fits the bill.

Guess my needs are different to the majority wanting more sound!

I have cobra resonated fitted yesterday at cougar store and drove down from Leicester to Milton keynes and there was no noticeable drone , but growls and howls beautifully we revved. I leave for work round 6.30am and this morning did not tin I woke the whole neighbourhood albeit its a little louder on start-up and idle than stock BUT it will not get me an ASBO :teeth: or noise pollution :D.

Hope this helps

if you want quiet AND no central back box I think you're going to have to go custom... you should be able to put in a decent size centre silencer with will greatly reduce drone, and then two smaller silencers at the back with sensible sized exhaust tips to finish.

Or for off the shelf, maybe try the Fast Intentions exhaust or the Injen Exhaust :pmtarmac:

G35%20Trad%20Coupe%20Main%20Photo%20copy.jpgses1986c_floating.jpg

Edited by brillomaster

I'd echo what loggy747 said, I have the ark grip and while it does come to life when pushing on (and it does sound superb), at idle and cruising it's pretty quiet, in fact on flat motorway at 70 it's all road noise, I can't hear the exhaust.

Edited by H1979

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Cobra resonated and it drones at motorway speed (70-80mph) but sounds great at all other speeds ! Milltek are notorious for being very quiet unless they are coupled with high flow cats. Actually thinking of going milltek myself as the Cobra is too much for me personally.

I have a Cobra resonated and it drones at motorway speed (70-80mph) but sounds great at all other speeds ! Milltek are notorious for being very quiet unless they are coupled with high flow cats. Actually thinking of going milltek myself as the Cobra is too much for me personally.

Dave,

I had the Milltek before switching to the Ark Grip. Just beware that it really, really is very quiet. I found it quieter than the OEM. Personally it took the magic of the car away for me while it was fitted. I'd highly recommend the Ark Grip as it doesn't drone and has a brilliant sound. People who have the Milltek and HFCs are very happy though. Quite expensive to do that though?

• Like 1