Would this work???!!!

shire350Z

been trying to find a headunit to replace mine as its got the god damn skipping syndrome :angry:

my cars a UK GT spec with BOSE head unit would this unit work being american??!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

thats all im wondering no comments needed about just gettin a aftermarket headunit (as i know there coming) :lol: wanting to stay standard

plus i know all headunits are paired with each indiviual cars ECU but got a bloke who can sort that!

cheers all :thumbs:

so what did or does your JDM pick up lomoto?

id get a aftermarket one but dont want to loose the bluetooth and voice of sat nav plus u sometimes loose the steering wheel controlls even with adaptor!!!

who said i was wanting to pay peanuts i put a post up on here askin and for one and no1 got back to me, O some one did but wanted £175 but thats just taking the pi$$

so what did or does your JDM pick up lomoto? It picked up sweet FA, that's why it's in the bin

id get a aftermarket one but dont want to loose the bluetooth and voice of sat nav plus u sometimes loose the steering wheel controlls even with adaptor!!! ] keep the crap Bose then ( to my eye's it looks like something from Toysrus )

who said i was wanting to pay peanuts i put a post up on here askin and for one and no1 got back to me, O some one did but wanted £175 but that's just taking the pi$$ To be frank even if you bought a brand new unit the chances are it will go faulty pretty soon , judging by the number of people who have had to have theirs swooped under warranty

so what did or does your JDM pick up lomoto? It picked up sweet FA, that's why it's in the bin

id get a aftermarket one but dont want to loose the bluetooth and voice of sat nav plus u sometimes loose the steering wheel controlls even with adaptor!!! ] keep the crap Bose then ( to my eye's it looks like something from Toysrus )

who said i was wanting to pay peanuts i put a post up on here askin and for one and no1 got back to me, O some one did but wanted £175 but that's just taking the pi$$ To be frank even if you bought a brand new unit the chances are it will go faulty pretty soon , judging by the number of people who have had to have theirs swooped under warranty

but u havent the streeing wheel controls, sat nav or bluetooth so dint matter to u!

but u havent the streeing wheel controls, sat nav or bluetooth so dint matter to u!

Very true,,, just swop your steering wheel as well ;)

Just junk your head unit and buy a proper one :p

+1

dont listen to them :boxing::boxing::lol::lol:

:p

For £250 you can get a good headunit with ipod connection. It all depends on weather you listen to music more than you do talking on the phone or using the sat nav ;)

Just junk your head unit and buy a proper one :p

+1

dont listen to them :boxing::boxing::lol::lol:

:p

For £250 you can get a good headunit with ipod connection. It all depends on weather you listen to music more than you do talking on the phone or using the sat nav ;)

thats the voice of the devil.... dont listen shire :lol::bose:

on a serious note :wacko: when i was looking for a zed, i wouldnt have wanted to buy one with an aftermarket h/u and half the gt pack not workin :scare:

TBH I agree. I was happy with my bose until it started skipping. The headunit being changed wouldnt bother me though.

thats another reason i dont wanna go swappin the headunit as no1 will want to buy a gt pack with somethings not working and no sat nav or bluetooth so loose alot of secong hand value plus i bought it becuase i wanted the spec it was!! were only a majority who like all the aftermarket parts 80% of people would just want it standard!

so back to the question!!! would a US spec headunit would be useless for radio stations!! any one had good results?

thats another reason i dont wanna go swappin the headunit as no1 will want to buy a gt pack with somethings not working and no sat nav or bluetooth so loose alot of secong hand value plus i bought it becuase i wanted the spec it was!! were only a majority who like all the aftermarket parts 80% of people would just want it standard!

so back to the question!!! would a US spec headunit would be useless for radio stations!! any one had good results?

Surley the sensible thing to do would be to keep the bose when you take it out? then when it comes to selling it you have still got it and can get the bluetooth working with it again

Get a head unit like the Sony or kenwood one with bluetooth phone and ipod control, only single din but you can get a housing so it looks fitted if you dont want to spend loads. You can get aftermarket double dins that are far better than the stock....

If you want to spend a few quid then get the kenwood / alpine or clarion dvd unit without the sat nav but with the bluetooth and ipod and then you have a 2 screen setup.

You can still use all the steering wheel controls for changing station track etc and having the ipod intergration means you can stick your ipod in the cubby and forget about it!!

Sat nav on the nissan birdview one uses a seperate speaked anyway so you wont lose that.

on a serious note :wacko: when i was looking for a zed, i wouldnt have wanted to buy one with an aftermarket h/u and half the gt pack not workin :scare:

+1

I'm on the look out as we speak, as soon as i see an aftermarket HU I move on. ;)

you dont want a JDM then :)

Alpine do a head unit with bluetooth for the phone, FULL iPod control (not just an aux.) and an additional aux control. AKAIK (and is what I am expecting in mine! :teeth: ) the steering wheel controls should be able to be maintained using another piece of trickery they sell. So what you want should be possible. That way, you can slot your old BOSE headunit striaght back in when it comes to selling on to someone as blinkered as Sarnie! :p;)

But to do this you will need to go and visit a decent ICE installer, and not be buying cheap US headunits - they make their money on kit and add value with a decent service and overcoming these sorts of problems. :)