Help! Wiper hitting bonnet.

martybhoy

Hey guys wondering if anyone could help with an irritating small problem.

My drivers side wiper arm is hitting the bonnet when it goes back to its resting position. It's started to effect the paint but I can't figure out how to adjust this.

Can anyone help?

0EBA7625-67F7-40E1-AF88-DF0FFF99E4FA_zpsbobmlgiw.jpg

EABB4AEB-B997-489E-BCDF-67AB7334E2B9_zpshbj1pspy.jpg

Someone's taken off the wiper at some point and not put it back in the correct postilion. Take it off and put back on correctly, its a 5 minute job, although getting it off requires a bit of strength. You just have to take the plastic cap off at the base of the wiper and then there's a single nut to undo.

The wiper goes directly onto a gear so just rotate the wiper arm slightly away from the bonnet and push it back onto the gear.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

You'll just need to take off the rubber cap on the windscreen wiper arm, ....underneath will be a nut, undo that and lift the wiper blade upwards & off the splines (it may well be stiff to pull off so some gentle force might be needed).

Then reposition it a few splines along so that it is not touching the bonnet in its resting position. Re-tighten the nut, replace the rubber cap & job done. ;)

Hope I've explained that ok for you. :thumbs:

Shows you the basics of getting them off in this video.

• Like 2