Driver's window not closing properly (Roadster)

Ekona

Hi all,

The driver's window on the MY06 Roadster I'm looking to purchase has a slight issue, and I wondered if it was normal/TADTS? Basically, you hit the button to lower it one-shot and it's fine, do it again to raise it one-shot and it goes to the top, touches the rubber of the roof seal fully, and then lowers itself to about halfway. Tried it a number of times and it did it every single time, but if you hold the button it closes normally (no wind noise at all when driving). It's as if the safety lockout (too much force when closing, so it opens itself in case you've got a hand in there) is coming in to play.

Apologies if this has been covered before, I did search, honest guv! I appreciate any advice/ideas anyone has.

Dan

Could be your window winder, I had it happen to me, and its been noted lots of times on the Coupe's. It seems to be the first stage to the winder motor failing and needing to be replaced...

As martin says, if its not dropping a couple of mm then there is a problem as its not sealing correctly.

Gonna be a wtee issue with Nissan probably. so get the owner to sort if before you purchase.

Hi Dan and welcome. Never heard of this problem I use mine a lot for various reasons and after 2 years its spot on. Its programmed to drop a little for opening the door, does it do this properly

IIRC it does drop the few mm, but I'll check that for sure. Am I right in saying that as soon as the door catch goes, the window should drop? No delay?

Gonna be a wtee issue with Nissan probably. so get the owner to sort if before you purchase.

Car is being bought from Nissan main stealer, so they'll have to if they want the sale. ;)

I did mention it to the salesman when haggling and told him I wanted it sorted before I take the car, but wanted some advice on what was actually wrong in case he tries fobbing me off.

Thanks for all the advice, is much appreciated. S'pose I should really go and stick a post up in the newbie section now! :lol:

*EDIT BEFORE POSTING* That's exactly the problem on that second post on that link, nice one M13KYF B)