Replacement for Sonus SFX-3 Polish?

Jay Kay

When I bought my DA machine I got the Sonus kit with 4 different grades of polish, each with its own pad. The kit works well but I just can't get on with stage 3 which is the SFX-3 final finish Polish. This just doesn't seem to work as well as the 2 stages prior or stage 4 which is a sealant. It doesn't work in nicely and takes more work that I think it should to remove.

Any recommendations for a finishing polish that I can use in its place?

Everything thing else I apply machine needs only the minimum of effort to buff off, this stuff just doesn't want to shift. Often wonder if its gone off

Are you using a fresh pad?

Are you using the right pad?

Are you cleaning the pads thoroughly when you finish?

Are you working the product too fast?

Are you working the product too long?

Are you working you big of an area?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Freshly washed pad every time using them with the pressure and speed etc as per the sonus guides. As I say, everything else I've used on the DA machine goes on a treat (splitting panels into small areas at a time) it's just this one particular polish. I'm sure it's possibly gone bad even though I've only had it for less than a year and began using it as soon as I got it - always with the same results. I'll order up some Scholl shortly as I need to get some brushes anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Odd one that mate. I can't say I've used Sonus but I don't think they're too bad from what I hear.

Unlikely it's gone bad but you never know.

In my experience it gets easier to wipe down as you progress through the stages so it's unusual that stage 3 is being a bugger.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk