£2500 for mods help!!!!!

chris w

Alright all,

As some of you already Im in the market for some mods for my JDm (03)

base 350.

I have a budget in mind u guessed it 2.5k and out of that my priorities are wheels and zorst but i have considered lots of options including coilovers / rear spoiler / bride seat / body kit...

Mixing them in all ways to suit my budget. :surrender::wacko:

More specifically i think im going down the rota route for alloys (Rota GTR 18" 8.5/9 staggered) Which im looking at £1200 incl tyres.

But zorst, i had my eye on a 5Zigen pro racer cat-back I can get for £710 incl del. also priced a very good local custom de-cat back for £750 all in to my spec but now after reading the ECU corrects itself and returning the car back to standard bhp wise if there is any gains. :dry:

So i dont know if theres any point in getting a de-cat back the only gain is going to be sound. hummmm :rant:

Coilovers i eventually want to get if i dont get them now but what set?

Big phil has offered me a cracking price for some bilsten @ £535

Ive also thought about just springs but people on here are against it?

it would give me the look im after but will it compromise the handling?? if i choose a spring with a similar spring rate to the OEM then should this be ok and not effect the handling of the car in regards to the original handling.

sorry for the long post. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

get some coilovers, wheels, with a hi-flow cat/intake combo (someone is selling dectas on here) for some extra noise and grin factor :teeth:. Get some decent Tyres for the wheels, some nice cleaning products, some decent centre caps and lightweight wheel nuts to match the wheels and maybe some other odd bling items. If theres anything left, keep it in the kitty for servicing and should anything go wrong.

For £2500 I reckon you could get:

Rota's

Tein lowering springs

Nismo zorst

Hi flo cats

Plenum

:thumbs:

Good list :thumbs:

Add to that a bunch of detailing products and you're away. :)

I'd drop the cats in favour of coilovers, but other than that, I'd agree :thumbs:

Rota's

Tein lowering springs

Nismo zorst

Hi flo cats

Plenum

i like your thinking sarnie :thumbs:

but tein are too hard from what ive heard and eibach (however you spell it)

are a good in-between

as for the zorst arent i looking at £1k for a Nismo job?

Rota's

Tein lowering springs

Nismo zorst

Hi flo cats

Plenum

are a good in-between

Phil can sort you out a Nismo for about £850

Rota's

Tein lowering springs

Nismo zorst

Hi flo cats

Plenum

are a good in-between

see bigphil, think he's doing them around £825 fitted and he's inyour neck of the woods

Guest prescience
I thought the JDM ECU wasn't self learning. That's what was posted up the other day. So yes maybe you will get the extra BHP ;)

really !!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

where is post ?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=nos

by Zedrush

I would get this confirmed as for the source of the info. Not dissing ya Zedrush :)

I think there is a small misunderstanding here. There is fundamentally no difference in the JDM/Euro ECU in that they will both 'self-learn' (I hate that term it is misleading since it suggests something that isn't actually happening but never mind that ;)).

The point is that Envy have successfully reflashed (ie remapped a JDM ECU) such that the self-learning characteristics are changed and they simply have not done this yet with a Euro ECU. The remap is suitable for the PE-TT kit as installed onto the Z but the problem is that if you add more/different mods later on, the map will become less and less applicable to the engine. Which is potentially bad news

Does the Zorst cost include the Y-pipe? Just checking as I didnt factor that in when I upgraded to a 5Zigen. No regrets there though... Lovely sound :D Hiflows are being fitted very soon.

Decats mean mucking around to get them on / off before MOT time too!

Either replacing the coilovers with RS*R's or K&W Varient 3's do the trick. Went RS*R Sports and the handling is affected...... FOR THE BETTER!! 32 way adjustable for the compression and ability to alter ride hight...

Shocks and Springs are also an option, i know a few owners that went down that route and are more than happy, cost is alot less than a full set of coilovers!

You should be able to get the above and the Rotas for your budget. Or just over..

19's for show, 18's for go is a saying that gets bounded about!! but you are looking at more money for 19's from any brand...

PS I do take it you have changed the CAI, fitted the Plenum spacer and a grounding kit? i.e stage 1 mods!

I thought the JDM ECU wasn't self learning. That's what was posted up the other day. So yes maybe you will get the extra BHP ;)

really !!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

where is post ?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=nos

by Zedrush

I would get this confirmed as for the source of the info. Not dissing ya Zedrush :)

I think there is a small misunderstanding here. There is fundamentally no difference in the JDM/Euro ECU in that they will both 'self-learn' (I hate that term it is misleading since it suggests something that isn't actually happening but never mind that ;)).

The point is that Envy have successfully reflashed (ie remapped a JDM ECU) such that the self-learning characteristics are changed and they simply have not done this yet with a Euro ECU. The remap is suitable for the PE-TT kit as installed onto the Z but the problem is that if you add more/different mods later on, the map will become less and less applicable to the engine. Which is potentially bad news

Glad you cleared that one up Dorian. I wasn't 100% on it myself hence the reson for me sayong that it needed clarifing :thumbs: