Brake squeal driving me bonkers!

jtuner

Hey guys ive got an annoying problem, my brakes were squeaking and the right front was really bad..especially turning left at low speeds while braking, the squeal would become really loud to then point of deafening. So i had the pads changed with original brembo pads and the squeal has gone from the left side but right side its still squealing just as loud as before. And its always deafening when at low speeds turning left. I took it back to the garage and they couldnt figure it out, they regreased everything but that damn squeal is still there! Its get very loud only when turning left at low speeds while braking, any ideas what the hell is going on?? They checked the discs and said the discs are fine.

Did you remember and fit noise reduction anti squeal shims ?

OEM genuine Nissan Brembo pads from the dealer have the shims bonded to the rear of the pad.

Aftermarket genuine Brembo pads have no shim bonded to the rear so aftermarket shims are required.

I have the same issue with brembo pads from eurocarparts. I purchased some aftermarket stick on shims from MTec, they're mintex branded though. Going to get them fitted when I have my discs changed the week. Mine are currently squealing incredibly loudly. So if it stops I will let you know.

Hmm yeh..i bought the pads from eurocarparts. Didnt realise the original brembos had anti squeal shims bonded to the back. Might explain alot. Ok cool ill order a set from nissan directly then and see what the results are. Thanks alot for the help guys..i appreciate it.

I have aftermarket brembo pads and shims and it is still squeaks sometimes...apparently I need to grease the shims,looking at some older threads but haven't bothered as it does it only sometimes...

Thinking i might do it myself, what part of the shims need greasing? Pad facing or piston facing? And u just slot them onto the back of pad right? No need to stick them on somehow?

Thinking i might do it myself, what part of the shims need greasing? Pad facing or piston facing? And u just slot them onto the back of pad right? No need to stick them on somehow?

The after market ones stick on, so you grease the side that makes contact with the piston.

• Like 1

Right so i sorted the shims today, turns out the brake pads i bought had the old shims transferred to them which wasnt a good match from the old pads. Fitted the ones i bought from clark motorsport and....NO MORE SQUEALING!! its totally gone..not even the slightest noise or anything! Its almost weird braking without any form of noise. So there we go..sorted.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys....the squealing's come back..*sigh* I'm well and truly lost now. And it's always from the right front wheel, left front seems to be fine. I'm seriously considering taking the z to nissan to diagnose the problem. This is starting to really annoy me, almost takes the enjoyment out of driving the car. What else could it possibly be? :(

Right noticed something on the drive back from work..when i drove enthusiastically and braked harder..after a while the squealing went. Now i know for aftermarket performance brakes theres squealing unless warmed up but didnt realise the standard brembos do this too? Can someone shine some light on this? It definetly didn't squeal until warmed up when i bought the car last year.