Dash cams

bigfoot

Hiya guys,

I've been reading about Coyoteboy's side swipe/hit and run incident and its got me thinking a dash cam may be a good idea to get.

What dash cams do you guys have or rate as being good ?

I would prefer a smaller less obvious dash cam that could be left set up permanently, preferably with out a screen as they seem to be big and bulky,

My Zed has the sat nav screen with reversing camera and aux video plug in the centre box if that can be used to veiw any dash cam footage.

I run the MiVue 538 Deluxe, which i picked up from Halfrauds for around £90. Excellent camera, embedded GPS, Embedded G Forces, excellent picture and has built in static camera warning which they update on a regular basis on the MiVue site.

Have it in the works car and its just a case of stick it on the screen, plug it in and forget about it. Nice piece of kit.

I use a transcend in my works Hulux and it's perfect. Bought it in Jan 2015 still going,great quality,Bluetooth. I'm going to get one for my Zed next. Around £90 with mount,SD card and charger.

Edited by modo
  • Like 1

I've got an RAC one as i work in an insurance company and we recommend these to our clients. 1080p and £150. Granted i got a slight discount for working for them but the quality of them is incredible

http://www.racshop.co.uk/sat-navs-tech/dash-cam/product/rac05-dash-cam-super-hd.html?WT.srch=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmKG5BRDv4YaE5t6oqf0BEiQAwqDNfLsUXoPZPNPhcfatWQJbNtcMuLm-EMTzVDg6k-fMSLgaAoGw8P8HAQ

I've got an RAC one as i work in an insurance company and we recommend these to our clients. 1080p and £150. Granted i got a slight discount for working for them but the quality of them is incredible

http://www.racshop.c...MSLgaAoGw8P8HAQ

That's the one I have, does need a 32gb card though, the 8gb one that comes with it doesn't store enough.

Pete

http://www.racshop.c...MSLgaAoGw8P8HAQ

That's the one I have, does need a 32gb card though, the 8gb one that comes with it doesn't store enough.

Pete

Looks really good.

How do the speed camera alerts work?

Do you have to pay a subscription?

If you went for a 64gb card how long would the recording ability be?