Fitting Oil Catch Can

GizmoGold

I've read up on them and decided that I want to fit one in my bay, but I'm getting confused about where the pipes should connect.

Has anyone got a pic of theirs fitted with where the pipes should run to/from? Also, what are the best hoses to get?

I've tried searching and found an old link where the pictures have expired.

(Please delete if I'm being stupid and missed a guide)

Where the orange line is - for an N/A car.

One pipe from the PCV valve into the catch can - then another pipe to the other end.

I just used rubber hose that was flexible enough, as the first brand I bought was some triple ply stuff that was far too stiff.

3.jpg

• Like 1

The above was the pic I used when fitting mine... hardest part was getting the plastic engine cover off without removing the strut brace :lol:

Once you have that off, the pipe you need to remove is pretty obvious if going from Tricky Rickys pic.

I had to buy uprated hose as the supplied hose with my catch can kit flattened when the engine was on tickover (but when revving/driving the vacuum isn't there anyway)

What about the other breather hose on the other bank that plumbs in pre throttle body?

You can do 2 catch cans, I plan to.

I bought 1 meter of this, plenty left over, or just order 2m 'just in case'.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPDM-SAEJ20R3-Flexible-Rubber-Car-Heater-Radiator-Coolant-Hose-Engine-Water-Pipe-/221512209844?var=&hash=item33932815b4:m:m1LxKxoDmN-Bzpa6IDGWmQg

What about the other breather hose on the other bank that plumbs in pre throttle body?

Its the full throttle/high load breather,There is no real disadvantage to leaving that one alone as it will not transfer much oil vapor to the intake, plenty of info in the is thread if you want to know more and the options.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/89535-oil-catch-can/#entry1349925

• Like 1