Magnetic tyre, my dummy has been spat.

jjdugen

Brand new set of tyres all round, full service, brake and clutch fluids, new pads, new suspension arm, everything ready for my trip to the 'ring.

Driving into the filling station in the quiet of late evening, I heard a 'tick' tick' 'tick' from the front end. Timed to the revolution of the wheels. Thought it might be a brake pad bedding in but it didn't alter with brake pressure.

Short story cut short, the O/side front tyre had three screws and an enormous bolt with a one inch head (that was making the 'tick' noise) all firmly embedded. None of the other tyres had anything at ll in them. Needless to say, thats another £120 to add to the hefty bill, this trip is getting expensive!

I remember years ago my mate got a flat blade screw driver embedded in one of his Austin Minis tyres. Now that was a pretty mental sound hearing that from inside the car. :scare:

I also remember on one of my own cars tearing a side wall on a jutting out curbstone whilst moving over to avoid a woman who had drifted into my lane whilst on her phone. I had literally just had the new tyre fitted as well so had to drive back just 5 minutes later to pay National Tyres another £85! (Not as expensive as your tyres granted but I feel your pain). :angry::dry: