Spilt oil in the footwell...

nievelc

So being a 'Intelligent' life form I managed to leave a litre of oil in the footwell which in line with sods law managed to become unscrewed. Yes the whole litre which previously was in the bottle is now now a glistening ocean of Mobil 1's finest :scare:

So 5 things have been done

1. Soaked up as much as possible with kitchen towel

2. Rubbed in a fair bit of fairly liquid

3. Added in water and rubbed into a lovely lather after some time

4. Discovered my VAX is broken

5. Dried with 2nd roll of kitchen towel

After 2 hours it is still absolutely soaked through, so it'll need a bit of time this weekend.

Can anyone help, perhaps point me in the direction of a product that might get me out of this situation ?

Tim

I think repeated dosings with a bowl of soapy water (Fairy Liquid is fine) is probably the best way to go. That then sucking it up with your new Vax ( ;) ) is what I would suggest.

Ultimately though you may well need to remove the carpet to clean up underneath it, or even replace altogether.

I'd throw the mat away and replace it and then do what you can with the carpet underneath.

This ^^^

Good clean 350Z coupe pre owned carpets complete with under felt in stock and good to go same next day.

Drop me a PM if you want one: £50.00

Alex. :)