Ghost In The Shell Live Action Movie

-G-

I expect some of you will know what I'm on about before you read this but what the eff is up with Holywood?

It was bad enough the Oscars was a whitewashed shambles this year but casting ScarJo as the titular heroine in this has totally hacked me off.

To make it worse, they've completely removed all reference to the character Motoko Kusanagi and instead it'll just be "The Major"

Beginning to see why so many people accuse the yanks of willfully appropriating other cultures, hard to see this as anything else.

Ahh an old favourite along with FOTNS and street fighter.

Mid 90s were great.

Was a lot of Japanese influence in Blade Runner that the Americans pulled off.

A game inspired by it and Manga style on the Mega CD called Snatcher was good too.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

I expect some of you will know what I'm on about before you read this but what the eff is up with Holywood?

It was bad enough the Oscars was a whitewashed shambles this year but casting ScarJo as the titular heroine in this has totally hacked me off.

To make it worse, they've completely removed all reference to the character Motoko Kusanagi and instead it'll just be "The Major"

Beginning to see why so many people accuse the yanks of willfully appropriating other cultures, hard to see this as anything else.

They have to dumb it down for US audiences, especially those who don't know what GITS is. So yeah, fans will be pretty peeved, me included.

• 6 months later...

I've not really watched any Ghost in the shell Anime.

I really enjoy the few anime titles I have.......Akira, Appleseed, Final Fantasy VII.

There are soooooo many Ghost in the shell films.

Any recommendations which films (not got the time or patience for long drawn out series like Naruto etc ) I should get bearing in mind I'm a bit prehistoric and still order DVDs and blu rays.

Gotta get round to learning how to download or use an Android box :lol:

The original GITS Manga and anime released in 1995 is what the live action is based on, so watch that first before the live action ruins it for you. The rest are the stand alone complex saga - solid state society etc. Watch at your leisure.

Its the same reason they put big name actors into most films, studio budget. They wouldnt risk the kind of budget this film needs on a new project/idea without someone to draw in the crowds, you will be surprised how many people will watch a film just because they recognise a name in the cast. Needs must I'm affraid.

Its the same reason they put big name actors into most films, studio budget. They wouldnt risk the kind of budget this film needs on a new project/idea without someone to draw in the crowds, you will be surprised how many people will watch a film just because they recognise a name in the cast. Needs must I'm affraid.

Nobody needs to make this film though. I totally understand why they've made the decision but it doesn't stop it being ridiculous. If they can't create the film without a modicum of respect for the original piece or without the budget that an unsuitable Hollywood actress brings in, don't do it.

• Like 1

I'm quite glad there making this, enjoyed it in my 20's and wish more anime was made into live action . I don't mind the fact it might not be spot on copy of the anime .

Many of anime manga don't follow there comic/ graphic novels to the letter either .

When a story is transposed from one format to another most of the time it will not resemble the original , but will be based on source material .

I understand people Get butt hurt over comic adaptations and feel they are spoiled by Hollywood the likes of 2000ad ,vertigo , marvel , dc have all seen their share , I'm just glad I get to see em on the big screen .

I do have to admit to particularly bad taste though, I enjoyed wicked city, death note ,crying freeman,fist of the northstar live actions lol.

Hopefully the movie will get more people into manga and we will see more manga epics remade .

Just my 2 penny's worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk