Another 4-5k scam?

G1en

I've been after one since I was about 16, don't know what it is but the car has always just had something about it. I've just turned 21 and decided to treat myself, current budget is 10,000 but could be a little flexible with the sale of my Jaguar looming. After a GT model, HR engine in either silver or black. Love the Alzean and Frost grey interiors but I feel the black has a little more subtlety to it so that's likely to be my choice. I'm currently browsing through whilst in work yes and will be contacting people regarding the cars as certain ones peak my interest.

Nice choice, I think Adam (r111nxx) still has his HR for sale, nice guy, lives in Wakefield area. I have seen his car in the metal too and looks very tidy. It's grey rather than silver or black but may be of interest. How close to the M56 are you based? I will be driving past on sunday on the way over to Wales, if you happen to be not too big a detour and fancied a quick natter about cars/ have a nosey at my HR I am happy to drop by if I'm not running late.

I've been after one since I was about 16, don't know what it is but the car has always just had something about it. I've just turned 21 and decided to treat myself, current budget is 10,000 but could be a little flexible with the sale of my Jaguar looming. After a GT model, HR engine in either silver or black. Love the Alzean and Frost grey interiors but I feel the black has a little more subtlety to it so that's likely to be my choice. I'm currently browsing through whilst in work yes and will be contacting people regarding the cars as certain ones peak my interest.

Nice choice, I think Adam (r111nxx) still has his HR for sale, nice guy, lives in Wakefield area. I have seen his car in the metal too and looks very tidy. It's grey rather than silver or black but may be of interest. How close to the M56 are you based? I will be driving past on sunday on the way over to Wales, if you happen to be not too big a detour and fancied a quick natter about cars/ have a nosey at my HR I am happy to drop by if I'm not running late.

Thanks for pointing his Hr out, I'll be sure to check it out. Doing a lot of poking about in showrooms, in this forum (for over 12 months, in secret :lol:), on eBay and autotrader etc etc so I'm getting to know the average prices and what sort of bits I want, there's plenty about so I can afford to be picky to be fair! I'm not sure how far up the M56 you'll go really, depends on what part of Wales you're headed to, but you can get to it from my house in around 10 minutes depending on the traffic about the local shopping centre.

Dan.

Thanks for pointing his Hr out, I'll be sure to check it out. Doing a lot of poking about in showrooms, in this forum (for over 12 months, in secret :lol:), on eBay and autotrader etc etc so I'm getting to know the average prices and what sort of bits I want, there's plenty about so I can afford to be picky to be fair! I'm not sure how far up the M56 you'll go really, depends on what part of Wales you're headed to, but you can get to it from my house in around 10 minutes depending on the traffic about the local shopping centre.

Dan.

I'm off to Bangor so will join from the M6 heading west until it runs out. Like I say, offer is potentially there if you want it, no pressure just let me know, if you have been noseying around lots anyway then I imagine you have answered a lot of your questions for yourself, particularly as mine isn't modded (don't know what your plans are in that respect).

Just a quick update on this thread, finally had some contact and it is without a doubt the most ridiculous scam I've ever heard of thus far. Got a text (from an italian number) saying 'Hi there, selling this car on behalf of my sister as she's away on holiday. For more details please email her on... Thanks'.

Thought I'd persue this further and see where I ended up with them, so sent the email just saying I was interested, mostly as I was interested in what they had to say (the italian thing already ringing the loudest alarm bells possible) and received this in response:

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I've almost reached an agreement with a potential buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay. The car is still available for sale, it is in extremely good condition,100% HPI Clear, full service history. Currently I am on a business trip to Italy and will have to stay here for about 6 months (this is why I am selling the car for a low price and I am looking for a fast sale to finance the Italian project ) .I left the car to a specialized car shipping company custody and they will handle the sale for me. The V5 log book is already signed on my behalf, the car will come with 2 keys, all service records and previous MOT's. They will deliver the car directly to your home address (is ready for shipping because the loan of my previous buyer didn't get approved) so there won't be any additional shipping costs. If you are interested in purchasing the car just let me know and I will inform you with all the details

Thank you

They really do stop at nothing, as such I've reported the account to eBay (even with the listing being withdrawn) and hopefully it'll be returned to its rightful owner if it has been stolen (the account that is, not the car, as that's clean on HPI).