TDX2 + ART Pipes Fitted [Pics & Video]

ConnorW06

Finally got around to getting the TDX2 and ART pipes fitted, and one word after driving it for a day, WOW.

11_zpsa4gyvmrx.jpg

Lets start from the beginning...

After doing lots of research into which exhaust I'd like to have on my Z - I wanted great quality, needed to fit without too much hassle, needed to suit the car, and most of all, needed to sound awesome! I stumbled upon the TDX2 on a few Z forums, I read about the great fit, ridiculously good sound when paired with the ART Pipes and overall superb quality, and after watching a few Youtube videos - I was sold.

I saw that Adrian @ Torqen was doing a group-buy for some Motordyne items at the exact same time, so added my name on the list. Within a few weeks, I was the proud owner of a incredibly shiny and (almost) too good to put under a car, exhaust system. I'd like to take the time to say thank you to Adrian for sorting the whole process out for me, from start to finish and keeping me in the loop at every point.

Onto the fitting.. (Sorry about some of the blurry photos!)

[Old system off]

0_zpsi6phiqkz.jpg

[ART Pipes on]

1_zpscnv2t070.jpg

2_zpslo0oj5zc.jpg

[XYZ Pipe]

3_zpsqvibffjr.jpg

[X Configuration Resonator]

4_zpsaeseifqi.jpg

[Mid Pipes]

5_zpswecm6jxg.jpg

[Rear Canisters]

7_zpstaupebf7.jpg

At this point, the major work was done in the workshop and didn't want to take up anymore of their ramp time, the minor adjustments and fixing of the tips would be done at home!

[Another undershot]

8_zpskli3pbhx.jpg

9_zpsr2gxtx5l.jpg

[Moved the clamps around a bit so the threads weren't pointing down towards the road, and won't snag on anything]

10_zpsvb7zb4co.jpg

[And finally, to finish it off, the tips! Went for the 4.5inch rolled stainless steel to keep the system looking stock-ish]

11_zpsa4gyvmrx.jpg

All in all, the fitting process was quite straight forward, it was just the little bits at the end to make the system sit perfect that took abit of time. But for an exhaust that looks, and sounds this good, it was totally worth it!

I live in the Subdury/Bury St Edmunds area if anyone who is considering getting this system would like to hear it in the flesh, as after hearing the video's on Youtube, you can't get across how deep and rich of a tone it creates.

I'm going to try and video some revs, and in-car footage at some point, because this thing sounds ridiculous! If anyone is considering getting this system, trust me when I say, bite the bullet and go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by ConnorW06
  • Like 5

Thanks guys. Like I said above Rich, its almost too good looking to be hidden under the car isn't it? Fantastic looking and sounding system.

I couldn't believe how much it transforms the sound of the car, you don't lose that very distinct VQ sound, it just enhances it into another animal all together.

Looks great buddy. :)

Thanks mate, your car looks stunning!

Sexy as **** mate!! Would love to hear this

Thank you! If you haven't heard one in the flesh, I'd thoroughly recommend meeting up with someone who has one, sound is incredible! Are you local to the Suffolk area?

Nice choice wait till after about 1,000 miles bedded in it just gets better and even on the downshift :)

Currently driven about 200ish miles and can hear it becoming deeper already, can't wait to hear what it sounds like once the miles keep racking up!

Find some tunnels and enjoy!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to go through a few tunnels, the sound resonates enough off of buildings in the little villages around where I live! haha

Nice write up, Connor! Happy to hear you like the exhaust :)

I wasn't sure what to expect as I'd only heard the sound from Youtube videos, but upon the first start up I knew It was the one! Thank you again for everything from start to finish Adrian, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Find some tunnels and enjoy!

I can't wait to go through a few tunnels, the sound resonates enough off of buildings in the little villages around where I live! haha

Or even a motorway bridge. I downshift almost everyday in the one i go through. Had the exhaust since september and still never gets old. :lol:

It really is the best sounding exhaust for the zed imo.

Would be good to hear some vids of yours with the ART pipes, still need to get mine.

Or even a motorway bridge. I downshift almost everyday in the one i go through. Had the exhaust since september and still never gets old. :lol:

Would be good to hear some vids of yours with the ART pipes, still need to get mine.

Haha the sound is intoxicating, I'm finding myself driving around in 3rd/4th just to hear it bark above 3,000-3,500rpm haha!

I managed to video a brief cold start, a few revs and a few pulls (although the GoPro makes the exhaust sound so different because of the case on it) today. Ill post the link up now! I'd love to hear the difference between two Z's, one with the ART Pipes and one without, to hear the difference.

• Like 1

Haha the sound is intoxicating, I'm finding myself driving around in 3rd/4th just to hear it bark above 3,000-3,500rpm haha!

I managed to video a brief cold start, a few revs and a few pulls (although the GoPro makes the exhaust sound so different because of the case on it) today. Ill post the link up now! I'd love to hear the difference between two Z's, one with the ART Pipes and one without, to hear the difference.

Haha yh, cameras never capture the same tone as in person. Nice vid though. B)

Would be interesting to hear the difference with and without the ART pipes. Where abouts are you? Can't see on my phone.

Haha yh, cameras never capture the same tone as in person. Nice vid though. B)

Would be interesting to hear the difference with and without the ART pipes. Where abouts are you? Can't see on my phone.

Thanks, my phone which I used to record the cold start and the few revs captured the sound alot better, but still isn't a great representation of what it truly sounds like, very difficult to capture how deep it is. I'm in the Sudbury / Bury St Edmunds area. Not sure how far that is from yourself?

Ah,I'm near milton Keynes so a fair distance. May have to wait until a meet /show. Unless there's someone nearer you with the same exhaust.

Ahh damn, that's a shame. Would be good if there was a sticky with peoples locations and what exhaust they're running on their car, so that you could message and meet them so you can hear it in person before buying. Wouldn't have an issue meeting up with anyone local to me to let them have a listen, and what it sounds like in-car.

Ah,I'm near milton Keynes so a fair distance. May have to wait until a meet /show. Unless there's someone nearer you with the same exhaust.

Ahh damn, that's a shame. Would be good if there was a sticky with peoples locations and what exhaust they're running on their car, so that you could message and meet them so you can hear it in person before buying. Wouldn't have an issue meeting up with anyone local to me to let them have a listen, and what it sounds like in-car.

It's a good idea. You could start a new topic in regional meets section and get the members in that area to list there mods?