350z Rear/front Strut bar kit + Tyres - stability solution

N15MNO-Daron

Thanks for the feedback.. def gona upgrade the tyres, already got brembos, but red stuff pads from Bigphil i hope will help with my braking distance.

KW or Tein suspension are very expensive.. wouldnt it be cheaper to get the anti roll bars instead?

Anyone know a good website for some training courses to find out the car's limits safely?

Good call :thumbs:

The anti roll bars may be cheaper (I don't know) but as Phil said these are for track set-ups really. The reason they are expensive, is the R&D needed wasn't cheap to get the product to do the job better than something that isn't doing it too badly already..... ;)

Do a search on here for Car Limits. Very good reputation. :thumbs:

Hey N15MNO, as the others have said, it's a good idea to learn the full capabilities of what your 350 will do. Have you driven a few other 350's as a comparison. I'm not a fan of the stock tyres that come on our cars, but it's a personal thing, so I'm on my 2nd set of aggressive directionals now. Tyres obviously have a significant bearing on how a car handles.

I've had a hell of a lot of handling problems & other mechanical problems with my 350 (it's a very special car :lol:). I've dropped out the stock suspension, and replaced with the Tein setup. I'm very happy with it thus far. It's improved the handling, stability, and ride quality no end and is quite low key hidden away.

Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on. ;)

All of the above seems good advice. However, if you are so serious about wanting the best handling set up Toyos probably aren't the way to go. They give an excellent performance/price balance for the road but you may want to spend a bit more for something more focussed. Just a thought. :)

All of the above seems good advice. However, if you are so serious about wanting the best handling set up Toyos probably aren't the way to go. They give an excellent performance/price balance for the road but you may want to spend a bit more for something more focussed. Just a thought. :)

Certainly gonna use my credit card for some changes this year..gotta be the tyres first, then training, then if needed, susp or rear strut fitted.

I guess that single turbo mod wil have to wait..no point adding extra power and speed if i cant even handle the car as it is :dry:

Toyos seem to have the best all weather capability..everyone on this site have praised them no end.. but if u have something else in mind?.. pls mention it.

Certainly gonna use my credit card for some changes this year..gotta be the tyres first, then training, then if needed, susp or rear strut fitted.

I guess that single turbo mod wil have to wait..no point adding extra power and speed if i cant even handle the car as it is :dry:

Toyos seem to have the best all weather capability..everyone on this site have praised them no end.. but if u have something else in mind?.. pls mention it.

Not knocking Toyo's but if I had an unlimited budget I'd go Michelin PS2. :thumbs:

Tons on threads on this of course. :lol:

Without doubt the Michelin Pilot sport is probably the best tyre around for the Z however they come at a price.

having run the Falken 452 in anger I would definately say they have the edge over the Toyo, lots of very fussy customers with them and no adverse comments at all, coupled with a price of £380 for a set of four standard size tyres they represent very good value.

Not knocking Toyo's but if I had an unlimited budget I'd go Michelin PS2. :thumbs:

+1

Got a new set for the G a few weeks back and had them on my zed too :thumbs:

Phil are the Falkens harder compound then the Toyos & PS2 & hence less comfortable/supple? I would not know as have tried Toyos & PS2 but not Falkens, I did once use VEntus Plus which was a spin off from Falken IIRC but they were budget tyres & very hard.

Phil are the Falkens harder compound then the Toyos & PS2 & hence less comfortable/supple? I would not know as have tried Toyos & PS2 but not Falkens, I did once use VEntus Plus which was a spin off from Falken IIRC but they were budget tyres & very hard.

I didn't feel that the Falkens were hard/uncomfortable. Nice tyres. :)

Compared to standard Bridgies????? get those toyos or anything else for that matter...

Bridgestone are more durable..yes...decent in the dry...yes..

everything else (ride comfort, performance level in comparison to other brands, price/performance etc) not too good IMO

Bobby

The thing people dont like about the Falkens are how they stick out a bit rather than have flat walls.

Liam i believe has them on his zed.

I had them on the MG before i sold it and i was really impressed with them, loads of grip in the wet and dry and smoked quite a bit when spun ;)

I had Michellins and they rocked. I have had Falkens before (different car) and found in the wet they were like being on ice

Yeah Louis is rite I've got them. Don't mind the look at all, look very aggressive!!!

But downside I do agree with Captints comment... Far too easy to get them spinning in the wet, dreading any snow!!!

The falkens give very predictable and compliant handling both wet and dry.

Only thing we can't comment on is durability as we haven't had them on any car for long enough yet to judge.