anyone running berks HFC with Ark Grip exhaust?

gstraw

Hey,

i recently purchased an ark grip exhaust off a local member and installed it along with my existing berks hfc. the volume is insane and the drone is substantial. when i heard the exhaust on his car it was a lot more subtle and this is what i was looking for. so what I'm thinking is:

1. either the berks hfc are the source of the noise and i should go back to stock cats;

2. there is a leak in the exhaust somewhere which is leading to the insane amount of drone and the volume.

is anyone else running this exhaust with HFC and whats the verdict? we didn't have the ark gaskets so the installer used a gasket sealant. I'm considering getting some official gaskets to see if they help to ensure that its definitely not any leaks.

there is also a lot of rattling of the exhaust too so i think it might be contacting some metal part of the car. the heat shield has been removed under the boot because it was already really loose.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

In addition to the actual sound of the exhaust and HFCs, it sounds like you might be having a well known issue whereby the HFCs are pushing the exhaust down onto the cross brace under the car, causing vibration.

HFCs can make a big difference to the volume of an exhaust - sounds like you need to go back to stock cats.

• Like 1

Check if any part of the exhaust is touching braces, gearbox etc or if there are any serious leaks. If all good, you could try either OEM cats or some resonated aftermarket ones.

I had the same exhaust on my 370z before twin turbo the car and I loved the sound, it was paired with the ARK R Spec pipes, you can an idea here:

Might be a bit too loud for you, not sure.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah the exhaust tone has totally changed. Adrian your car sounds good! Can't ever appreciate the loudness of an exhaust via video I find but I like the tone of it.

I'll check if it's fouling on the cross brace. Silly question but where is the cross brace?

There was a point when I thought I was getting a lot of crackle and pops from the hfc which I thought was nice but now I think they are odd vibrations lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk