Dodge Challenger....

PMX

So I've just arrived in San Francisco for business but I'm with my missus so I have arranged a couple of days sightseeing also.

I'm going to be travelling round a bit, Monteray Bay, San Jose, etc, so decided to hire a car from SF airport. Pre-booked with Virgin, didn't want to risk the Mustang or similar route as I have heard the horror stories of sh1t Chrysler alternatives....so I booked a Rav 4!!

Got to the desk this afternoon, asked about upgrades, was offered a Mustang or quality SUV in place of the RAV4, but for $70 a day extra (I have booked the car for a week)

Eventually got the guy down to $20 a day extra for a Dodge Challenger, yes basic spec, yes v6 not v8 but I think I'm happy with it....I've only tackled the roads from the airport to my hotel in SF!!

But tomorrow, we take the coast road down to Monteray Bay, should be fun....

I will try to take some photos and post them up....

My parents had a similar experience, the travel agent told them and swore that they would get a dodge charger with a V8. Not the SRT but the R/T. Still not bad :)

Arrived, only to be given the choice of either a Focus/similar or some Ford Escapes. NOT HAPPY. Mum turned down my dads proposal of adding $80 or something like that for a C6 Corvette haha.

Rental companies are sneaky, "This car or similar" - They consider a Chrysler to be "similar" to the German trio... which okay fine in size, sure, but quality - not a chance.

Cant comment on the car, but lovely area over there. When I was over there a couple of years back a friend I was visiting drove us all the way down that side of the coast from San Jose downwards - Id recommend a restaurant in Monterey Bay called the "Fish Hopper" - goes out on a pier into the sea. Their fish chowder was awesome as well as their other dishes.