350z prices

Kurt

Hi all, I'm an ex 350z owner trying to get back into ownership of one :)

Two years ago I sold my 04 plate full GT (even had the rubbish sat nav!) with 80k on the clock. I paid £5500 for that car, it really was immaculate.

It seems now I can't find anything worth having for under £8000 - is it just me, or have prices really rocketed recently as the majority were not that highly priced back then.

Is it to do with summer approaching? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any information :)

I don't think prices have rocketed but they are certainly not going down any more. Good ones are getting harder to find which is something you would expect with most mass produced cars that are anything from 8 to 13 years old. For example, if I were to sell my 2006 prefacelift with 24k on the clock, immaculate, one owner and driven extremely sensibly I would expect at least 9k, probably up a grand or so in the last 12 months.

Pete

Prices have definitely stayed strong. I paid £8700 for my 2007 '56 rev up with 52k on the clock, 1 owner, full history - albeit the paint isn't great with stone chips n scratches but no dents and mechanically sound. Anyways I digress, I have been looking now and then for sheer lols and envy of HR owners, but I can't find anything remotely close to mine, unless it's a forum car.

They seemed to have settled and aren't going down in my opinion, cause they're sought after great fun and (relatively) cheap cars :)

My advice is hang in there and be patient. I got my 2008 HR full Gt pack, 60k full service history. For 9k. It's immaculate for its age.

But like you while looking for it, I found it difficult to find people not asking silly money for rubbish. I consider to have been very lucky, touch wood. I will say again patience is the key and you get what you pay for.

Edited by Spoons

Well I've noticed garages have snapped a lot of them up now, which certainly doesn't help my case as I do private buying only!

I currently own (my second) Honda Civic Type R - it's a brilliant car and I love the thing, has Recaros, all the rare JDM bits, the top induction kit which sounds brilliant, the car is low mileage, I'm the 3rd owner and is faultess. However! The 350z bug has hit me again recently and I'm not too happy with the welcome back I've received with all the crazy asking prices.

Was hoping there'd be some good, fair priced 350z's going for sale on here but no luck as of yet, though being 23 I'm not quite the most patient person in the world :D

I bought mine last April and there was a lot of choice around by then. I think it gets to that time of year and all the people selling think 'I'll wait til Spring when people buy sports cars' and since a lot of people selling sports cars by other sports cars, they could also be waiting til then for that.

I paid £6300 for a fully loaded, FSH 07 revup with 88k. Now that is has 108k I wouldn't be surprised if I still got 6k odd, prices do seem strong, possibly to do with fuel prices going down...

I'm thinking of waiting until Winter to be honest, might be a good money saving method :lol:

That's a good price! How on earth did you manage to get one for that? I can't find one with less than 100k on it for much less, let alone a facelift model :p

Edited by Kurt

It was up at 7k, I went along and did the standard thing of carrying cash and poking holes, basically.

'Hmmm, it's gunna need new tyres soon, hmmmm those discs look worn' (yeah, I'm that guy). I do find that the best deals always seem to be bloody miles away too. It doesn't matter where you are, there's always a great car 100 miles away haha. I live in Farnborough and went up to Coventry to buy mine, about 2.5 hours each way.

Was a very weird transaction tbh, but that's a story for another day.

Where are you based? They seem to be cheaper in Wales and up north.

Case in point, and guess what, it's exactly 100 miles from me...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602161098872

Not mine or affiliated with me etc etc.

It's 64 from me haha I'm in Manchester. I'm looking for something around the 7k mark but nobody with their 8k price tag will come down near it haha so frustrating.

Can't believe you're having any trouble with 7k to spend.

Honestly, I'd spend 6-6.5k, get a facelift with 80-90k on it, worry about miles less and service a little more, then save some pennies for a potential new clutch, brakes or tyres. If it turns out you don't need em (I needed tyres) there's a new exhaust paid for!

I offered a nice chap on here £6750 against his price of £8000, his mood soon dropped. So £7000 doesn't seem to please any body!

My dads old one had a magnaflow system fitted - never heard a 350z sound so good! So that's what I'd be getting haha if I can find a damn car first!

Edited by Kurt

I offered a nice chap on here £6750 against his price of £8000, his mood soon dropped. So £7000 doesn't seem to please any body!

My dads old one had a magnaflow system fitted - never heard a 350z sound so good! So that's what I'd be getting haha if I can find a damn car first!

Did you at least take him to dinner before the offer? £1250 off the list price is a big ask, unless its like a £100k+ car

I too would laugh and walk away personally.

Had some idiot chase me down when I was selling my older car, I wanted £2500 for it willing to accept low offers for an on the day sale ( ended with £2300) , he offered me £800.

Told him, no offence mate but no thanks ( inside I was trying to keep a straight face )

Did you at least take him to dinner before the offer? £1250 off the list price is a big ask, unless its like a £100k+ car

I too would laugh and walk away personally.

Had some idiot chase me down when I was selling my older car, I wanted £2500 for it willing to accept low offers for an on the day sale ( ended with £2300) , he offered me £800.

Told him, no offence mate but no thanks ( inside I was trying to keep a straight face )

I've got to at least try to pull one down into my budget lol it's more than reasonable but you're right, I shouldn't bother with people that price their car that high because I'll never agree with them.

I've taken quite big losses on cars for sales and honestly didn't realise people could be so tight fisted

Are you looking for a lamborghini? 7k should find plenty of these cars, GT versions included.....something got to give, either mileage or number of owners or colour, service history, unless youre willing to spend more...7k would have got you a nice 50k miles black/white 2005 GT on ebay when i was looking,

I even saw a couple of closely priced 2006 and 2007 HR ones for sale non GT. As if pre 2005 were more in demand that they were costing as much as some 2006 2007 HR models.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

My experience of looking for a decent Z in the middle of summer in 2014 was that the chances of finding a bargain at that time of the year are rather slim.

At the time I was toying with the idea of selling my previous car for a while so I have been browsing ads since around March and there seemed to be way more cars to choose from at the time compared to summer when I decided to buy one.

When the weather picks up cars like Z's are sought after and the good ones disappear literally within days.

I didn't want to book a day off so tried to arrange viewings for Saturdays and I must have missed out on at least 3 cars!

In terms of the prices, I think low mileage cars were (and probably still are) a good investment.

The difference in price between low and high mileage examples was very small (at least 2 years ago), I will be surprised if that difference doesn't keep growing now with a lot of cars being around 100k mark and people being afraid of 3 digit mileage.

• Like 2

My experience of looking for a decent Z in the middle of summer in 2014 was that the chances of finding a bargain at that time of the year are rather slim.

At the time I was toying with the idea of selling my previous car for a while so I have been browsing ads since around March and there seemed to be way more cars to choose from at the time compared to summer when I decided to buy one.

When the weather picks up cars like Z's are sought after and the good ones disappear literally within days.

I didn't want to book a day off so tried to arrange viewings for Saturdays and I must have missed out on at least 3 cars!

In terms of the prices, I think low mileage cars were (and probably still are) a good investment.

The difference in price between low and high mileage examples was very small (at least 2 years ago), I will be surprised if that difference doesn't keep growing now with a lot of cars being around 100k mark and people being afraid of 3 digit mileage.

It depends how you define low mileage, i personally would pay any more for a 350 with 40k miles or 70k miles as its completely immaterial they are barely run in at those miles if looked after, it all depends on condition. If you found a 350 with 10-20k miles there may be a small premium, but certainly wouldnt pay too much more.

I bought my 04 de at 32k, had an alternative of getting a slightly modded revup for the same money at 85k, same great condition and fsh, I bet I will lose less in value (if any) thanks to going for the lower mileage one.

Some people are happy with a 200k mileage, others will stay away from anything over 30k but the trend is always the same - the lower the better and it's the people who are ready to pay more for lower mileage that inflate the price of those cars as there's not that many around.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I remember a few months back reading an article about "appreciating" car values and future keepers

The 350z was one of those mentioned

Good clean ones appear to have gone up slightly

Rob