Concept Z Performance

fishfire

So, having decided to rebuild my gearbox and having a stooooopid quote from Nissan UK for synchro's (£209 just for 2nd gear synchromesh) I went to Concept Z in the US of A!

Prices are good: for 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th synchro's (genuine nissan) came to £200.76

Just waiting on shipping quote.

I'll keep y'all updated on their service but looking good so far

Chris

• Like 1

Why don't you source a good used replacement :wacko:

Because a good replacement is well over a grand, some even advertised at £2k and then there's no guarantee what your buying is going to be any good, and you just end up in the same boat.

CD009's are rarer than chicken teeth and if you can find one then again it's stupid money.

At least with a rebuild with new parts I'll know it'll be good to go and currently coming in at under £700

• Like 2

Czp are good but message z1 Motorsport and they will beat the quote. I've just ordered my gearbox and engine rebuild parts from them and they beat czp by about £200 on the total price (£1400) but watch out as I've had 180 in import charges lol

• Like 1

Czp are good but message z1 Motorsport and they will beat the quote. I've just ordered my gearbox and engine rebuild parts from them and they beat czp by about £200 on the total price (£1400) but watch out as I've had 180 in import charges lol

Cheers dude, I'll add them to my list of favourite shops :)

• Like 1

Because a good replacement is well over a grand, some even advertised at £2k and then there's no guarantee what your buying is going to be any good, and you just end up in the same boat.

CD009's are rarer than chicken teeth and if you can find one then again it's stupid money.

At least with a rebuild with new parts I'll know it'll be good to go and currently coming in at under £700

Ive been to a factory where they rebuild the VW/Audi ones, its like a work of art, dont nissan aftermarket have something similar in UK? I.e bring yours in and take away theirs?

Makes sense rebuilding it yourself!

Ive been to a factory where they rebuild the VW/Audi ones, its like a work of art, dont nissan aftermarket have something similar in UK? I.e bring yours in and take away theirs?

Makes sense rebuilding it yourself!

I found one or two independent companies that will give you a fully rebuilt box on an exchange basis......I just wasn't keen on spending £3k!

Would work out cheaper to order a brand new box from the states but with import duty and delivery you'd still be looking circa £2k.

Tbh from what I've read the boxes themselves are very strong, it's just the syncros that are made of chocolate.

So for £242 delivered from CZP for 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th syncros plus £410 Inc vat to strip and replace said synchros works out the most cost effective!

Did I mention Nissan UK wanted over £200 for one synchromesh?! Wtf??