RX8 Update

Digsy

Meh. I can't find anything about increased hp. Supposedly Mazda was going to increase both hp & torque. Mazda has really let us rotary heads down. I love my 8 but Mazda has basically walked away from it.

Nissan has constantly improved the Z and hit a homerun with the 2007 engine mods. Who can walk away from 306 hp with 22 miles per gallon??? I'm lucky to get 13 mpg in the 8. That can be hard to swallow at times and gas is relatively cheap here in the states!

I don't know what they've done to that suspension but it looks like a sofa on wheels..... :dry:

I used to like these, but the front arches just spoil the shape of the car for me. Why they haven't upped the power to compete a bit more is beyond me! :wacko:

Definately a near miss. Nearly bought one when I was looking for the Zed :scare:

Test drove one around the time I first tested a Z. 2003 I think. It was just a let down for me especially as I had driven a Z for the first time. Never seen a youngish person driving one here. Costs the same as a Z here. About 60k.

Oh yea, I did like the interior.

I had an 06 RX-8 before I bought my Zed. I loved it but I prefer the Zed. They are a good car to drive hard, they are just very ordinary unless you rev the nuts off them.

EDIT: I was 29 when I got it, is that youngish?

lol yes that would be youngish. When I see one here they tend to be driven by people who I'd guess were closer to or in the 50/60 odd bracket.

I had an 06 RX-8 before I bought my Zed. I loved it but I prefer the Zed. They are a good car to drive hard, they are just very ordinary unless you rev the nuts off them.

EDIT: I was 29 when I got it, is that youngish?

lol yes that would be youngish. When I see one here they tend to be driven by people who I'd guess were closer to or in the 50/60 odd bracket.

Careful don't go upsetting us 50/60 odd Z drivers