Keeping brakes cool - Discs/BBKs/Ducting etc?

longsh07

I can highly recommend the PF 01 pads for the 350, combine them with their 2-piece discs and it's an incredibly impressive setup :)

Again, not cheap though.

Will second this +1000.

But if on a budget I suspect you will be ok first with OEM/OE spec disc and PF01 or 11 pads, high temp RBF and ss lines and go from there with the zed.

and get yourself on a open pit lane! we've never done sessions because we rarely want to stay out for 20 minutes, let alone 30. with an OPL day you can come and go as you please, which means you can keep a better eye on looking after the car. At long tracks (snetterton, oulton) we're probably only doing 5 laps before coming in, at shorter tracks can possibly stretch it to 7 or 8.

worst thing you can do to a car is keep pounding round and round, its bad for brakes, bad for tyres and bad for driver concentration!

I can highly recommend the PF 01 pads for the 350, combine them with their 2-piece discs and it's an incredibly impressive setup :)

Again, not cheap though.

Again, not cheap though.

Will second this +1000.

But if on a budget I suspect you will be ok first with OEM/OE spec disc and PF01 or 11 pads, high temp RBF and ss lines and go from there with the zed.

Not sure how many track days I'd do in the 350 but will absolutely consider the PF01's. Might go for something more mid-range for the disc though as I expect a 2 piece will be a little bit wasted. Was thinking DBA or Brembo slotted discs would be a nice better than stock improvement without a single disc costing the same as a pair!

and get yourself on a open pit lane! we've never done sessions because we rarely want to stay out for 20 minutes, let alone 30. with an OPL day you can come and go as you please, which means you can keep a better eye on looking after the car. At long tracks (snetterton, oulton) we're probably only doing 5 laps before coming in, at shorter tracks can possibly stretch it to 7 or 8.

worst thing you can do to a car is keep pounding round and round, its bad for brakes, bad for tyres and bad for driver concentration!

Will look to head up to Bedford then. Their open pit lane days are considerably cheaper than Silverstone.

I know what you mean about concentration always pretty spaced out after each session. Amazing how much concentration it takes.

Bedford is an excellent novice track, plenty of space and days are a lot cheaper. Actually haven't managed to do Silverstone yet due to the prohibitively high cost! if you can get across to snetterton that's a nice circuit as well, and rockingham do quite a few reasonably priced days.

Silverstone isn't that much fun, unless you have masses of power and decent downforce. Nice to say you've done it for the history of the place, but Brands is a better drive and usually the same price.

Only done the national circuit in my own car but have driven the International when I did my ARDS and on the GTR experiences I've done. I can see the International or GP circuit being a bit dull without a quick car but the National is pretty short with a couple of decent complexes so I enjoy it.

Silverstone defo suites high power cars. Ive done 2 days there and the nissan gtr owners day and still think its far better with a car with way more power and downforce. Its a gp track!!

Oulton is far more fun but more dangerous imho

Not quite as good as the A048s, definitely not as good as the MPSC (not tried the MPSC2 yet), but they're still my go-to trackday tyre of choice purely on cost grounds. That said, I do want to try the 595 and the NS2R as well at some point just to compare: I suspect that for the few trackdays I do a year, they'd be a very good choice.