Looking for a standard HR

jowen7448

I paid £13'500.00 for my 2008 black uk GT HR with 8000 miles on the clock a year and a half ago. My motto is if you like it then buy it. Lifes too short and its only money ... Enjoy yourself. PS i prefer the 350 to the 370 also

This^ apart from the 370 bit ;)

I paid £13'500.00 for my 2008 black uk GT HR with 8000 miles on the clock a year and a half ago. My motto is if you like it then buy it. Lifes too short and its only money ... Enjoy yourself. PS i prefer the 350 to the 370 also

This^ apart from the 370 bit ;)

I must admit. I prefer the swooping roofline of the 370 to my 350 😊😊

I cant believe dealers want 13k for a HR zed...

I Test drove a HR which was mint with only 11k miles on it for £14.5k, but that was 5 years ago now.

Probably should have bought it in hindsight but I saved £4.5k getting my Revup in the best colour :)

That's crazy, I would imagine at the same mileage it would be up for similar now. Best colour being black of course ;)

Whilst I agree with this to some extent there has to be a limit surely. For example I could find a 350 in a condition I would be happy to buy but if it was listed at £30,000 I wouldn't buy it as that would be insane.

Its like anything in life. Something is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. The more exotic, rare, pristine the item the more it will bring. Cars are no different.

What i dont get is salesmen being arrogant. The best deals are surely ones where both parties walk away very happy. The garage i got mine from noticed when my dad dropped me off to collect rhe car he was looking around. The salesman gave me some £100 vouchers and said if he is considering buying something come back and see him and i will get £100

Ps i have just bought HR 2008 63k miles for £10200. Didnt get a penny off but did get the bonnet and bumper respray throw in due to usual stone chips so worth a few hundred

Its like anything in life. Something is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. The more exotic, rare, pristine the item the more it will bring. Cars are no different.

What i dont get is salesmen being arrogant. The best deals are surely ones where both parties walk away very happy. The garage i got mine from noticed when my dad dropped me off to collect rhe car he was looking around. The salesman gave me some £100 vouchers and said if he is considering buying something come back and see him and i will get £100

Ps i have just bought HR 2008 63k miles for £10200. Didnt get a penny off but did get the bonnet and bumper respray throw in due to usual stone chips so worth a few hundred

I completely agree with what you are saying. One I went to view where he wasn't interested in negotiating price I also enquired about my celica as part ex. The reply was "Well obviously it's too old for me to sell", now I know not all dealers will want to sell all things, but I thought that was a little rude. Particularly as there was no reason I thought that should be obvious.

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it treats you well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this thread could be locked I guess. Picked up a grey HR today with a shade over 49k on the clock. Had 120 miles drive home after picking it up in which to become acquainted a little and am thoroughly in love. Best part is it is friday, so have all weekend to get to know her better. She is a tad dirty at the minute, torn between washing or driving her tomorrow weather permitting. Anyway, just wanted to share my happy news.

Thank you both, I am absolutely smitten. Gave her a quick wash and wax yesterday morning and then spent the rest of the day driving round the yorkshire dales. Did take a couple of poor phone pics, if I can figure out how to get one on here I will. Unfortunately working away this week all week so next weekend will give her another wash and then give her a proper welcome onto the forum.