louder exhaust

lee1988

Decats for loud, hfcs for a halfway house, from personally choice, hfc's for me, decats were too loud and raspy.

As above, decats are really loud, I found Miltek with HFCs gave a great sound on my Zed. Loud enough whilst trundling along then really came on loud when giving it a bit of throttle.

I've got the Berk hfc's and there a great combination. I couldn't tell you what difference they make though as I had them fitted at the same time as the exhaust. As for replacing the headers that's quite awkward most who replace them tend to do it when replacing the clutch or when the engine is out. Cats can be replaced without too much hassle, you just need plenty of extension bars to reach the top bolts from the engine bay.

Edited by SHEZZA

Probably a stupid question but whats DE and HR? Engine models?

Yeah the 350z engine models are VQ35DE and VQ35HR.

DE - 280

DE RevUp - 300

HR - 313

*All powers estimate.

The VQ35HR is similar to the VQ37HR (370z engine) with twin intakes and higher revving.

Edited by lloydshaw

I've run a Stillen exhaust, which is apparently similar volume wise to the Invidia, with and without Cobra HFCs. The difference is quite noticeable. It is much louder on cold start and above 3k rpm, with a really nice growl. Normal cruising is pretty much the same with and without the HFCs.