Price guides?

Dire

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this forum, i have been after a 350z for around 6 months, but none have taken my fancy. Apart from the minor few that sell very quickly and circumstances dictate i can't view in time etc. The problem is, I have been religiously searching and i have seen the ones that sell, i can still see the ones that haven't after months so in my head i have a decent figure (but would like some advice on price range). The issue then is finding everyone seems to want showroom money for what is potentially.. a project. I have gotten into the habbit of using https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/ which i find pretty damn useful and have built some knowledge of what to check when i do go to view one. I am pretty limited to how far i can travel as i'd need a lift and can only really travel up to 100 miles from Bristol area.

Here's the Spec i'm looking for;

UK model - this seems to be personal preference i have heard some horror stories from other imported cars (not 350z's specifically) although i have noticed the neglected imports do not tend to fair well (excuse the pun).

now... Standard, GT or GT4.. To be honest i would be happy with either.

[standard] i'd probably end up changing a few things for example the interior i'd prefer leather, heated and electrical but could settle with spending some dosh on perhaps after market seats etc?

[GT] Would be absolutely fine. But prices seem to vary, i would like something 70k miles or less as i intend to keep (and modify to my liking) for quite a while. However.. looking at around 5.5ish - 9,. for practically the same car..

[GT4] Quite rare, many high mileage and a few very low mileage with virtually nothing inbetween. But Damn i would snap one up if i could/afford.

[!!ALERT!!] I have also noticed a great many zeds for sale especially on ebay, that have been advertised numerously but seem to fly up and down the country with the same pictures. To anyone in the same position as me.. Be very careful and make sure you view before handing over a penny.

Colour pretty much is anything however not a fan of the orange or silver but could obviously negotiate some ManMaths and for the right price and car walk away a happy zed owner.

I suppose this was a very long winded way of asking for a price guide or what you would expect to get from each of your own zeds.. and what i should expect to pay for the car i described.

Side note: i am determined to get a zed in the near future and have spent some time researching some after market exhausts.. I really like the deep note, bark of the v6 and also any recommendations would be appreciated :).

Thanks,

Rob

It's never easy searching for your ideal car.

As you're in the Bristol area, I would suggest talking to Mark at Evo Motors: http://www.evo-motors.co.uk/

His number is 07967 416063

He really knows his Zeds, and usually has a few in stock. Although I didn't end up buying mine from him, we had a nice long chat and he happily gave me a load of useful advice.

He also said he would happily take my requirements and source one for me if I wanted.

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Always worth a look at the Zeds for sale on here: http://www.350z-uk.c...-zeds-for-sale/

Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...6-buyers-guide/

Service schedule for the 350Z here (always useful when looking at Zeds to see if they've been serviced correctly/to the schedule): http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

I always said id never own an orange one, looked at some black blue and gunmetal ones when i was looking and they were not in the best condition and needed work or no history with high mileage.

Anyway one weekend i saw a JDM orange one pop up with low miles plenty of documents and service history etc. Travelled to go see it and fell in love with it straight away and brought it after test drive and haggling on what i thought was quite a high price and came home with her the same day, 2 years later still love her :D

Thanks for the warm welcome ;), But does anyone know the current market price guide for second hand zeds? I do prefer to buy private as i know my way around a car and can check the major risk areas and fault finding etc :).

The reasonable zeds seem to be for sale for around the 6k mark for UK models with fairly low mileage.

Edited by Dire

Thanks for the warm welcome ;), But does anyone know the current market price guide for second hand zeds? I do prefer to buy private as i know my way around a car and can check the major risk areas and fault finding etc :).

The reasonable zeds seem to be for sale for around the 6k mark for UK models with fairly low mileage.

Think you have answered your own question ;)

£6k upwards for a good condition one, i wouldnt get hung on low miles, buy the best car for your budget.

Hello and welcome to the forum! As above, don't rush into buying a car and get the best for your budget. There's plenty around, private and from garages. My (comparatively limited) experience with Zed's is mileage isn't much of a worry as long as it's been taken car of; regular services, etc

Best of luck with the hunt and eager to see what you manage to snap up B)