demon eye mod help

GeorgeW

I fancy giving this a go, since my car is starting to look devilish, it would look great on photos.

This is a 2004 zed, so not a facelift if that makes much of a difference to the headlights

The plan is to have it linked up to the third switch next to the heated seat switches.

questions

1. does anyone have a DIY for doing it? I have internet searched but havent seen anything about wiring up to switches.

2. do the lights need to come out or is it possible to do on the car? all the headlight needs is a little hole drilled, so how easy is it to get to?

3. can you buy a switch to use where the blank is, or can this be used and its just held static at the moment?

Thanks

George

Edited by GeorgeW

Mine has the iron man mod done to mine before I got them but I've an idea.

Basically you are going to have to take the lights off ur car, bake them, split them, dismantle the internals, install a strip of less around the projectors then reassemble.

Obviously not going to be simple but that gives you an idea.

It's up to you how u wire them up though as you might want to run its own live off something or tap into the sidelights.

Hope that helps you.

ok thanks for that, its a start.

the idea is just to wire it up to the switch in the car next to the heated seats - so it is seperate to the actual cars lights. On photos on google of the MOD to 06+ cars they just use a single red LED drilled into a little hole in the projector.

I was wondering if this is able to be done without dismantling the headlight unit?

I think for a uniformed light all through the projector it would be better with led strips and easier for mounting also.

Also if u go for led strip you could change the little colour if that's something ur into. Have it a white light for driving then any other when off road obviously ;P

Personal opinion though.

Good luck with what you decide.

I've been looking into fiddling with my headlights recently as well actually.

This post might help in terms of placement of the LED if you're going for a single LED set up. I only glanced over it before, but the thread in general may be useful:

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/399820-03-05-headlight-mod-9.html#post7973773

Also I haven't read this in full and it's on a 06 headlight as well, but there maybe some useful info on this thread:

http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/545974-06-headlight-mods-the-thread-of-all-threads-many-pix.html

Been practicing making halos as well. Bought the stuff prior to realising they're quite cheap to buy online.

My first attempt (dimmer & messier) and second attempt below. As I say, just practice so it's messy wiring / haven't measured to size / no reflective backing etc... etc...

20160217_221652_zpse3voxkux.jpg

20160217_221409_zps95ool9c3.jpg

20160217_221423_zpsgvcy1hsa.jpg