ECP - Deal of the day

GT4 Zed

Shell helix 5w30 professional oil. 58% discount from £44 to 19quid for 5L.

If it's good enough for a Ferrari its good enough for a zed. I've been using the shell 10w40 for over a year and pleased with it.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521772611&0&cc5_247&utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Shell+Helix+Ultra+Professional+AF+5W-30+5Ltr&utm_content=58%25+Off+Shell+Engine+Oil+%2B+10%25+Off+All+Wiper+Blades+Today+Only&utm_campaign=February09+-+Deal+of+the+Day+(Oil+%2B+Wiper)&_bta_tid=3.AIdk.Ckikaw.E3Tn.Arfgdg..A3BpzA.b..s.AhM6.n...1cwrQQ

• Like 3

Shell helix 5w30 professional oil. 58% discount from £44 to 19quid for 5L.

If it's good enough for a Ferrari its good enough for a zed. I've been using the shell 10w40 for over a year and pleased with it.

http://www.eurocarpa...ay (Oil + Wiper)&_bta_tid=3.AIdk.Ckikaw.E3Tn.Arfgdg..A3BpzA.b..s.AhM6.n...1cwrQQ

My Polo and my mrs TT both also use 5w-30 as well, but is there a difference in those which say VAG specific, or is 5w-30 the same across all brands and I can just stock up on this for when it comes to servicing?

The manufacturer-specific branding isn't really relevant these days IMHO, since most oil is of a sufficiently decent quality that pretty much anything will do*. Put it this way, I'd rather a correct spec weighting and a decent brand over any random set of specific numbers printed on the back.

Please note, I do not classify that ****-thin Magnatec as a motor oil. Suitable for water colour painting, maybe.